Assuming we use a draft pick to get Jimenez or Santana, shall we go ahead and get Morales?

Frobby

True, but the inputs that go into WAR are essentially the core of what goes into projection systems.

I would think projection systems take those inputs and apply statistical analysis to generate likely outcomes?

Do they publish confidence intervals on there projections? I think that would be more relatively then just spitting out a OPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think projection systems take those inputs and apply statistical analysis to generate likely outcomes?

Do they publish confidence intervals on there projections? I think that would be more relatively then just spitting out a OPS.

I have a confidence interval that the Orioles will win all the games.

PECOTA does. It gives a range of projections and also give a percentage likeliood of a "breakout" or "collapse."

Well, I wasn't far off on this one, though it seemed a bit far-fetched on Febuary 10 when this thread was started. I still would have preferred Morales, but at least Cruz didn't most much or tie us up for a long period of time.

It's a bargain that you just can't pass up there.

Archived