Assuming we use a draft pick to get Jimenez or Santana, shall we go ahead and get Morales?

Frobby

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't even mention Asceves. He's a non factor to me.

In my example, Burnett (or Santana or Jiminez) round out the 5 man staff, and Matusz, Britton, MacFarland, Gausman, etc are the emergency starters.

I don't think Tommy Hunter will be effective so perhaps Bud Norris is that guy, then you are down a pitcher. Gausman should spend a whole year in AAA IMO. He is out best closing option, but we all know that isn't in the best interests of the club. Gausman is the best closer on this team, not even close.

You make good points, I just think we need two signings in the SP department.

I don't think Tommy Hunter will be effective so perhaps Bud Norris is that guy, then you are down a pitcher. Gausman should spend a whole year in AAA IMO. He is out best closing option, but we all know that isn't in the best interests of the club. Gausman is the best closer on this team, not even close.

You make good points, I just think we need two signings in the SP department.

I don't disagree. I'd love to upgrade from Norris and whomever as the 4 and 5 starters. I just don't see it happening in the next 4 days.

I DO think Norris has much better success this year than he did in Baltimore last season, so that will be an improvement, and I also believe that Gausman can win the 5th starter job. I'm not sure that either Santana or Jiminez are 10-14 million dollars better than either of these two guys.

I didn't even mention Asceves. He's a non factor to me.

In my example, Burnett (or Santana or Jiminez) round out the 5 man staff, and Matusz, Britton, MacFarland, Gausman, etc are the emergency starters.

Putting aside his personal issues, I've always liked Aceves' repetoire. He has a 4.29 ERA in 15 career starts. To me he's a candidate to be a big surprise for this team.

I'd rather have the 55th pick than a .780ish OPSing DH-only schmoe like Morales, TBH. I'm pretty confident that we have currently could give us a .750 or better from the DH spot.

Ditto. I don't think I'd want Morales for the contract he'd get. When you factor in losing another pick, no chance.

If you've already thrown the one out the window, I say screw it, why not give up another one for something that could actually help you? Only thing is I think DD only blows a pick on one guy, if they blow it on anybody at all.

This is how I feel. I don't think pissing away a pick on Ubaldo or Santana puts us closer to the top. But adding in Morales might do the trick. Otherwise keep the pick and hope Gausman is a stud.

I think I'd rather sign Capuano and spend the pick on Morales. He can actually be of use to us the next 3 years. We only need a veteran SP for one year IMO. I'don't think there is enough difference between Capuano and Santana/Jimenez to justify spending 3 years and 42 M for a SP we really only need for one.

I think I'd rather sign Capuano and spend the pick on Morales. He can actually be of use to us the next 3 years. We only need a veteran SP for one year IMO. I'don't think there is enough difference between Capuano and Santana/Jimenez to justify spending 3 years and 42 M for a SP we really only need for one.

You do know that other than 2011 and 2012, Capuano hasn't pitched as many as 150 innings since 2007, right? He pitched 105.2 innings last year. He is like a (left) wing and a prayer.

Yea, I don't see why a team like the O's can't afford to give away their top three picks.

What with the fully stacked farm system and incredibly strong international presence.

I only meant if the first one was sacrificed. I don't believe in giving up first round picks. And I know, we did for Norris.

Archived