Assuming we use a draft pick to get Jimenez or Santana, shall we go ahead and get Morales?

Frobby

Yea, I don't see why a team like the O's can't afford to give away their top three picks.

What with the fully stacked farm system and incredibly strong international presence.

This time, and I know you've heard that before, they're going to make a real serious effort in the Intl market. ;)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know that other than 2011 and 2012, Capuano hasn't pitched as many as 150 innings since 2007, right? He pitched 105.2 innings last year. He is like a (left) wing and a prayer.
A bit specious as one would expect from you. He pitched 180 + in the two previous years. He had injury issues last year. His career average is 193 IP. If he is healthy the difference between him and Jimenez/Santana wont be worth 2 extra years that we don't need and 36 M extra dollars.

The Orioles aren't signing Burnett, Jimenez, or Santana. They might add Morales if they can get him for 5m a year and they can spread that out over 30 years.

As for adding Capuano? He's not enough to keep this team afloat. Just stick Matusz in the rotation and let him sink or swim. May aswell try and salvage a top 5 draft pick. By july I'd be looking to trading Jones, Davis, Wieters, Hardy, and Chen. Really save Pete some money and maybe even get a good player or two. Even though that isn't what motivates this organization.

I'd rather have the 55th pick than a .780ish OPSing DH-only schmoe like Morales, TBH. I'm pretty confident that we have currently could give us a .750 or better from the DH spot.

This team had a .704 ops last year at dh. Who was added this season to raise that to .750, when last years most productive dh was traded?

A bit specious as one would expect from you. He pitched 180 + in the two previous years. He had injury issues last year. His career average is 193 IP. If he is healthy the difference between him and Jimenez/Santana wont be worth 2 extra years that we don't need and 36 M extra dollars.

There's no need for the insult. It says more about you than me.

His career average is 193 IP if you don't count the two years when he didn't pitch at all due to his second TJS.

He's thrown 706 innings since 2007:

2007 150

2008 0

2009 0

2010 66

2011 186

2012 198.1

2013 105.2

That's 101 an average of 101 innings over the last 7 years. Since returning in 2010, he's pitched 556 innings in 4 years, for an average of 139 innings per year. If you want to take just the three most recent years, he's averaged averaged 163.1 innings per year. You want this guy? You can have this guy.

I'm putting you on ignore now, so I don't have to read anymore of your insults. Flame away.

There's no need for the insult. It says more about you than me.

His career average is 193 IP if you don't count the two years when he didn't pitch at all due to his second TJS.

He's thrown 706 innings since 2007:

2007 150

2008 0

2009 0

2010 66

2011 186

2012 198.1

2013 105.2

That's 101 an average of 101 innings over the last 7 years. Since returning in 2010, he's pitched 556 innings in 4 years, for an average of 139 innings per year. If you want to take just the three most recent years, he's averaged averaged 163.1 innings per year. You want this guy? You can have this guy.

I'm putting you on ignore now, so I don't have to read anymore of your insults. Flame away.

Good then I won't have to put up with any more of your drivel as well.

If the premise of this thread is that 1) we're willing to sign one of Santana/Jimenez and then 2) we have enough left over for another $12-15 million signing, then I'd frankly rather just sign Jimenez AND Santana then one or the other and Morales.

True, I don't want a DH on a three year contract even if a pick wasn't involved.

Archived