Still in contact with Morales...

Bazooka Jones

At this point, the O's should sign Yoon and carry their extra money into the season. Sign one of Santana, Jimenez, Morales, or Cruz in June if they haven't signed yet.

Anyone know what the track record is on players who have signed in June (aside from Clemens...), does missing spring training and several months of the season help or hinder them?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would Yoon and Morales salvage the offseason? And to what degree? At that point would you call it a "decent" offseason? A "good" one even? I'm not sure...

IF Morales was the DH that could move us into contention, I'd be all for it. I'm not sure that he would be much better than a Young/LH hitter platoon.

I just don't think that any of the remaining players are worth giving up a draft pick. Sign Yoon, Capuano, and Bonifacio and let's get the season going.

Orioles have interest in D. Rodman. why not?

Well were it, let's acquire Tracy Mcgrady. He's hoping that he can earn a roster spot with the indy-league Sugar Land Skeeters. Screw that, send him straight to Baltimore for the 5th start position. :rolleyes:

At this point, the O's should sign Yoon and carry their extra money into the season. Sign one of Santana, Jimenez, Morales, or Cruz in June if they haven't signed yet.

Or sign 2 in June. They can be the trend-setter in waiting to sign free agents in June to avoid paying the draft pick compensation.

Hope they get of to a good start to the season, and then get a big boost from the free agents.

Do other teams get linked to every available player every off-season? Or is it that I'm hypersensitive to it as an O's fan? Is it possible these leaks are from Agents and not the O's? Because it sure would take the heat off the O's each offseason of minor moves to simply say we're not at all interested in high rent free agents. Instead they catch heat for every misfire they make.

Archived