Still in contact with Morales...

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They need a SS. Franklin is not one. We could use him at 2B and play Flaherty/Schoop at 3rd.

I don't know how Franklin is defensively at SS, but he has played more than double the number of games at SS in the minors as he has at 2B.

I don't know how Franklin is defensively at SS, but he has played more than double the number of games at SS in the minors as he has at 2B.

Good point. He's not a good enough SS to take over in Seattle, but he might be good enough somewhere else.

I thought I had read that the Yankees had interest in Franklin as a replacement for Jeter.

Then again, since Jeter isn't a real SS. :)

I thought I had read that the Yankees had interest in Franklin as a replacement for Jeter.

Then again, since Jeter isn't a real SS. :)

If they're interested in Franklin, it's much more likely as a replacement for Roberts at 2B than for Jeter at SS.

Seriously though couldn't we just get this guy on a 1/8 deal at this point. Agree not to offer him a Q.O. and let him rake and build himself back up. As much as I like Lough, I'm fine with Cruz in LF and Morales at DH. I wouldn't even have a problem giving him a 3 year deal at this point as long as its like 3/24 million. He's limited to the AL. And I know we don't want to think about it but he could be insurance if Davis leaves. Our line up is already the best in MLB but could just be down right nasty with him in it. Markakis leads off. Station to station baseball baby.

I like lough too but I'd be just peachy with sacrificing a little bit of defense as you said to plug another BIG time bat into our lineup, a switch hitter and solid lefty at that.

Morales and Cruz hitting behind jones and Davis and in front of wieters and hardy would give is perhaps the best lineup in baseball.

Cruz hasn't looked that bad in the field quite frankly.

And with jj and manny's ability to get deep into the outfield on fly balls, we could sacrifice a little range for a lot more production at the plate.

Lough as the 4th outfielder/pinch hitter/pinch runner/defensive replacement makes PERFECT sense.

He'd also be able to sub in for markakis and jones in the outfield and give Cruz a few days off as well against tough righties.

Lough was a rookie last year. He shouldn't be "unbenchable" and sitting him and signing morales makes all the sense in the world to me, especially since it only costs us a 3rd round pick.

I hope dan is still working those lines on this guy.

Archived