Yoon, Santana & Morales-Good Offseason?

Rene88

It's not like Santana and Jimenez are going to go unsigned this season, regardless that no team has signed them yet. Some GMs will come running - sooner than later, I'll bet.

But if we're still interested in either of them or Morales we're in a better situation than even yesterday. I think one signs with us and the other with Toronto.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if we're still interested in either of them or Morales we're in a better situation than even yesterday. I think one signs with us and the other with Toronto.

I am fine with that, slow news day.....any rumors/news in the Twittesphere on these two?

It's not like Santana and Jimenez are going to go unsigned this season, regardless that no team has signed them yet. Some GMs will come running - sooner than later, I'll bet.

Kyle Lohse signed on March 25 last year. He pitched 198 innings for the Brewers with a 3.35 ERA.

I'd be fine with signing Santana to a 3-4 year deal. The guy is a workhorse. That's worth a pick. Just think if we would have addressed SP last offseason we wouldn't have to have dealt away a pick amongst other things for BUD NORRIS. It'd be worth it to sign Santana and Morales pick wise this year. Next year we could have three with our own, comp pick and jj hardy. Will we all feel better next year if we have three 215 1st round picks but only won 80-82 games? At some point teams have to make moves to "go for it". Remember the most perfect team ever traded for Matt Holliday with a ton of years and millions remaining.

Kyle Lohse signed on March 25 last year. He pitched 198 innings for the Brewers with a 3.35 ERA.

If the O's could get Santana for close to the same 3/11 deal Lohse signed last year, they should be all over it. Lohse would have meant a big difference for this team last season (but would he have been worth giving up Hunter Harvey?).

If the O's could get Santana for close to the same 3/11 deal Lohse signed last year, they should be all over it. Lohse would have meant a big difference for this team last season (but would he have been worth giving up Hunter Harvey?).

I really wanted Lohse last year. Harvey is nice but, at some point, it would be nice to have a complete MLB roster.

I really wanted Lohse last year. Harvey is nice but, at some point, it would be nice to have a complete MLB roster.

We got lucky to get Harvey where we did. Not the guy you typically get at 17 IMO. If we can get a piece to help this team get in the playoffs in the next 2-3 years the FO can't let fear of the draft pick keep them from doing it. The guy that's likely going to be there isn't going to be Harvey again.

We got lucky to get Harvey where we did. Not the guy you typically get at 17 IMO. If we can get a piece to help this team get in the playoffs in the next 2-3 years the FO can't let fear of the draft pick keep them from doing it. The guy that's likely going to be there isn't going to be Harvey again.

I agree. I'm on board with Santana and Morales and just punting the first two rounds this year (the sup pick is already gone but I do like Norris). Concentrate of finding talent in Rounds 3 and later, internationally, and keep the full lot of picks for 2015 (extend Hardy this year and CD in the offseason with Nick's outgoing money; Wieters can walk in two years). I feel like we'd have a roster capable of really competing this year and beyond and still have a nice set of prospects. It's just money (which is, unfortunately, like giving up organs to PA).

I mean, choose A or B:

A: Tillman/Santana/Chen/Gonzo/Norris --- Gausman/Bundy/EdRod/Harvey/Wright

B: Tillman/Chen/Gonzo/Norris/Gausman --- Bundy/EdRod/Harvey/Wright/1st Rd Pick

With a long term 2-6 lineup of: Machado-Davis-Jones-Morales-Hardy

With that lineup I'm fine if the other four spots are guys like Lough, Urrutia, Flaherty, Schoop, Young, etc.

That's not that expensive and when the pitching prospects are ready they start to replace some of the current starters, which could be traded or allowed to walk for more players/picks. Outside of likely extending Tillman, the rotation should remain good, cheap, and under long term control.

I disagree. I think you could very well end up with a guy that starts a level higher than Harvey and is every bit the prospect.

I disagree. I think you could very well end up with a guy that starts a level higher than Harvey and is every bit the prospect.

I guess I'm looking at how well he did once we got him...maybe clouding my view vs where he was projected pre draft.

I certainly defer to your judgement re prospects though.

I assume you're a NO on losing a pick then for Santana, Jimenez or or Morales?

I guess I'm looking at how well he did once we got him...maybe clouding my view vs where he was projected pre draft.

I certainly defer to your judgement re prospects though.

I assume you're a NO on losing a pick then for Santana, Jimenez or or Morales?

I could be sold on essentially punting the 2014 draft and signing all three. I think adding just one is sort of a waste.

This year just happens to have a good number of college arms, a number of which are likely to be available at pick 17. Also a lot of HS arms I'd easily put on par with Harvey as a HSer.

Archived