Camp Day 2: First workout

weams

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear about #3. The alternative would be positively medieval.

More than any time I can remember, I'm happy that this phase of the off season is over. Are you going to be in Sarasota?

Edit: I guess you must be if those are your photos. Hoist a few at the Crescent Club for me.

Most are from the Orioles. Some from Sarasota. A couple from the Sun. I do not get there until March 5th.

There is the O's DH. With the contact he was able to make last year and the added weight that should make the ball go further. He is a player to watch in ST.
Just for the record, an extra 25 lbs. body mass might result in 4-6 more feet ion a long fly ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Friday - Burnes vs. Ross Stripling Saturday - Irvin vs. JP Sears (L) Sunday - Suarez vs. Blackburn
    • Akin is too valuable to go to AAA.  .maybe Baumann is DFAed or more likely Means is not ready to return and continues on IL.
    • Will we go with 4 lefties in the pen?  Coloumbe, Perez, Means, and Irvin?  Perez could be the odd man out since Means and Irvin can start if need be.  
    • Free look at the next two opponents as OAK-NYY at 700 tonight looks like the only night game on getaway day. As if this series wasn't already uneven enough on paper, Oakland had a bad break yesterday as Zach Gelof strained an oblique and is heading for the IL.    Maybe not as bad a break as Cody Bellinger and Triston Casas apparently breaking ribs. The A's have competed well with the Yankees so far this week - it would be nice if their A relievers have some work to do tonight.  
    • Not that I don't want to see Elias make an effort to reinforce the bullpen, but I think it's far too pessimistic to argue that the current roster can't win a WS. If you assume full health by October (a big assumption, of course), then a team that can roll out Burnes/Bradish/Rodriguez in a short series, with this lineup, and Kimbrel to close (again, assuming he stays healthy and doesn't wear down) certainly has a chance. Clear holes that COULD prevent a World Series run sounds more accurate to me.
    • Webb, a little. Baumann, none.
    • It's not really negative, it's just there was talk that he was an advanced college bat that might only need this year to breeze through the majors to put himself in line to directly replace Mullins.  With his struggles in A+ so far, that timeframe gap between Mullins, and EBJ being ready, looks to be bigger than just the 2025 season.   Our roster is pretty stacked.  We like draft picks/prospects, but are in win now mode at the MLB level.  WS mode too.  I don't know many teams that sell off their 29/30 year old GG CF while trying to win a WS.  
  • Popular Contributors