MD @ Duke

Munson

Well, credit to Maryland. They played out of their minds in the second half. Funny how Duke can play like crap and Maryland can play nearly perfect and Duke can still win. Only thing I'm not going to miss leaving the ACC is the refs in the Duke games, it really is an absolute joke.

Ugh. They played their hearts out and had a chance to win...but what the heck is Turgeon thinking drawing up a play that gives Charlie Mitchell the final shot? He's your least talented offensive player on the floor.

And after he gets the ball in the low post, fumbles around and gets his shot blocked out of bounds, he gets the ball again.

Ugh. They played their hearts out and had a chance to win...but what the heck is Turgeon thinking drawing up a play that gives Charlie Mitchell the final shot? He's your least talented offensive player on the floor.

And after he gets the ball in the low post, fumbles around and gets his shot blocked out of bounds, he gets the ball again.

I'm not sure what the play call was on the original possession but Mitchell had good position when the ball was thrown into him. On the inbounds I don't think there was an actual play.

Well, credit to Maryland. They played out of their minds in the second half. Funny how Duke can play like crap and Maryland can play nearly perfect and Duke can still win. Only thing I'm not going to miss leaving the ACC is the refs in the Duke games, it really is an absolute joke.

Duke didn't play like crap and Maryland didn't play a perfect game. Maryland forced a lot of the Duke mistakes and Maryland had plenty of missed opportunities. If Maryland had played a perfect game they would won by 20.

I thought the refs were poor for the majority of the game, but evened out later. Mitchell should have been T'ed up for jumping and pouting in front of the ref in the 2nd half. The ref showed great poised turning away. The sequence where Graham was thrown to the ground by Parker then Wells was called for a charge was comically terrible.

Maryland isn't a tourney team because they haven't been able to win many close games. The VA and Duke games are prime examples. Wins in both games would have put the Terps near the bubble. As it stands now there is basically no shot at the tourney.

Archived