Rosenthal via source: Burnett did, indeed, prefer the NL...

Il BuonO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he could be talked out of retirement to sign with the O's, that would go a long way towards salvaging what has otherwise been an awful offseason. Get him signed DD, and then go trade for Justin Smoak and/or Alejandro De Aza. That would certainly shut the national(and local ;) ) pundits up.

No it wouldn't.

Good. 16 million for a #3 or 4 is not wise

What makes you think he wouldn't be better than that on our team? He put up 1.7 WAR last year in a very competitive NL Central. I'd slot him behind Tillman.

The article came out at 6:52 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

You started the thread at 9:18 P.M.

That's more than 2 hours after the fact.

I wish that you'd stop with your Rip Van Winkle acts, So Cal.

Lol, yeah I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd get it in without too much notice.

Where he ends up in the rotation is not nearly as important as having him in the rotation in the first place. If Burnett puts up a career average year he could win a lot of games against other teams' #3-4-5 pitchers.

That's the Orioles rotation at their best. Trot any guy out there and he's got a good shot at winning.

What makes you think he wouldn't be better than that on our team? He put up 1.7 WAR last year in a very competitive NL East. I'd slot him behind Tillman.

Lol, yeah I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd get it in without too much notice.

Pittsburgh is in the NL Central.

To be clear, I do not want the Orioles to sign any of these FA's to stupid contracts. I am on the aquire cost controlled talent that can help us now and in the future wagon. I completely understand that our ownership does not intend to spend with the Sox and Yankee's. Got it! I get it. But please, lets not stand pat again, and hope for the best.

YO PETE!!!

Angelos.jpg

You should take a look at signing this A.J. Burnett guy. Remember him from Toronto? I know he's old but he's a real steady pitcher, great strikeout numbers, he could win games for us. 1 or 2 years max.

1.21_angelos1_300.jpg

Uh, no I don't think he's Greek... Burnett is an Anglo-Saxon name or maybe Norman...

6a00d8341c562353ef017ee63a8f5f970d-500wi

Oh. Uh. I see, sorry Mr. Angelos, won't do it again. Yes I like Nick Markakis too. Have a good day.

Archived