Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

1. I'd almost rather not have heard about this. If a deal actually gets done, I'd like to know. But I'm sick of deals we are "working on" or which are "close".

2. If the deal does happen, I have mixed feelings. Jiminez hasn't been consistent, but his ceiling is high and he keeps the ball in the park. I won't be flipping cartwheels over this deal, but I won't be upset, either. I don't like losing the pick but that price (4/$48mm) isn't terrible.

3. At least some critics will have to shut up and retract what they said about Duquette lying about his intentions, etc.

Rosenthal has stated we are in agreement pending physical.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love actual news, but nothing is finalized yet. Heck, as we already learned with Balfour, even when it is finalized , it isn't neccesarily finalized.

As we learned with Colvin (who we are getting), Webb, Yoon, Weeks, and Lough. A deal with the Orioles is a deal in the bank. Unless you have a bad arm. And want 15 million.

If this deal happens I really think we need to burn the 2nd round pick and get Morales too.

Yep. If we lose the first, we may as well go ahead and lose the second too. The only thing I wonder is what that would mean for Urrutia. I would like to see him get more at bats, and I just don't see many for him in that scenario. I guess we will see what happens.

1. I'd almost rather not have heard about this. If a deal actually gets done, I'd like to know. But I'm sick of deals we are "working on" or which are "close".

2. If the deal does happen, I have mixed feelings. Jiminez hasn't been consistent, but his ceiling is high and he keeps the ball in the park. I won't be flipping cartwheels over this deal, but I won't be upset, either. I don't like losing the pick but that price (4/$48mm) isn't terrible.

3. At least some critics will have to shut up and retract what they said about Duquette lying about his intentions, etc.

When deals get to this point they almost always happen. Balfour being the exception.

Jimenez is the most realistic Free Agent target for the Orioles that had me excited, so im happy. Dont really care for Morales, but like other said, throwing away a 2nd rounder for Morales makes more sense than the 17th pick if they must sign him. Sounds like someone convinced Angelos there is a limited window to compete if Davis and Wieters leave.

I love this move. Certainly a lot of money with the draft pick but Jimenez has huge upside. Only one year with a FIP over 3.38 since 2007, 30 starts every year and most of all strikes guys out and doesn't give up home runs. Only problem is he doesn't get very deep into games but I'll take 6 IP 2 ER all day.

Saunders + a 1st-round draft pick + $12 million a year for other players.

Waiting him out may have saved $12M on this deal if you believe the initial ask of 14-15M per was in the ballpark.

Feldman would have cost us $10M. I'm happy spending the extra 2 per plus using pick money to sign the two Latin Am players that look to be good prospects.

You're 100% there is risk here but this fits what DD has said about signing a dominant pitcher and not being afraid of spending the pick if we were smart in international signings at the same time.

Jimenez is the most realistic Free Agent target for the Orioles that had me excited, so im happy. Dont really care for Morales, but like other said, throwing away a 2nd rounder for Morales makes more sense than the 17th pick if they must sign him. Sounds like someone convinced Angelos there is a limited window to compete if Davis and Wieters leave.

Angelos is at the White House. Having tea. With the King of France (well, the president). He has no idea that Ubaldo is a name.

Archived