Step right up and get yer' crow!!

mcneck

Guest rochester
I need to eat some.

Cool move. I am understanding your passion more... whether good, bad or ugly. My crow may be a misjudgment.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of that may be because I turned out to be a truth teller. About that time the media had made some rumblings that what we were told two weeks ago was indeed fact.

This is my gripe. People have rights to any opinion they want, but the vile and anger he spewed directly at you was uncalled for, and in my mind demands an apology. I would say that for anyone, but the fact that he did it towards you, Weams, the icon, the legend, the main event, just makes it that much worse!

This is my gripe. People have rights to any opinion they want, but the vile and anger he spewed directly at you was uncalled for, and in my mind demands an apology. I would say that for anyone, but the fact that he did it towards you, Weams, the icon, the legend, the main event, just makes it that much worse!

Anytime anyone shares information that cannot be duplicated with a media link they open themselves to criticism. In this case that was me. Thanks you for your support but anything that occured was due to my own actions. Which speak louder than words.

You don't talk all winter about a $100 million budget and then show up on Opening Day with a $85 million payroll. Of course, a $108 million payroll (if they were to sign Morales) would be just as outlandish. If I am wrong and the Orioles sign Morales (or make trades that otherwise bring the Opening Day payroll over $100 million), I will join you all in the crow fest.

They got Cruz cheaper than I thought but the payroll will be over $100 million, about $105 million by my calculations. Enjoying that tasty crow.

Bargain basement shopping, each addition less than $10M/year. The Orioles will say good bye to Roberts ($10M) and Hammel ($6.75M). They may also cut bait on Wada ($4.2M in 2012 alone) rather than pick up his $5M option. This gives Duquette $21M to use for arbitration (Davis, Wieters, Johnson) and contract increases (Jones gets an additional $4.5M; O'Day + $1M; Chen + $0.5M) . McLouth will be a fallback position, if they keep him at all. Matusz could be packaged in a trade. Opening day payroll will be within $5M of that of 2013.

Angelos pockets the bulk of the $25M extra from MLB plus the revenue from another 12% jump in attendance (a conservative $9M at $35/ticket+concessions).

Opening Day payroll is currently about $9M ahead, not $5M. Bargain/value shopping, but not bargain basement. Each addition is less than $10M in 2014 (Jiminez is $9M with $2.25M deferred). I never would have guess the Orioles would add about $20M to 2014 payroll in February.

Opening Day payroll is currently about $9M ahead, not $5M. Bargain/value shopping, but not bargain basement. Each addition is less than $10M in 2014 (Jiminez is $9M with $2.25M deferred). I never would have guess the Orioles would add about $20M to 2014 payroll in February.

Interesting point Tony! With the deferred Jimenez money he still has not spent over $10 mill.

That being said I still don't think that's a hard barrier. Just circumstances.

Of course I'm a pretty big homer so :noidea:

Was just looking... Still hasn't posted a word. Must be a vegan.

Nah he is just still in a state of total shock. Never fear though his brain will kick back in eventually and will be back with something new to P,B,M,& G about.

Yes the crow does taste good. You could never have paid me to believe that a 4 year, 50 Million dollar contract would EVER be given to a free agent pitcher while Peter Angelos was the owner.

Also, my obligatory Albert Brooks trivia: his real name is Albert Einstein. He changed it for obvious reasons, and chose Brooks to honor Mel Brooks. His brother, Dave Einstein is also known as Super Dave Osbourne. And if you don't find him funny, you have no soul.

No way! This factoid I'm stealing.

"Defending Your Life" was great. Saw it in the theater with my parents when I was young. May have been the only 14 year old talking about it in school. I probably could've been more popular.

Bizarre to see Albert Brooks in "Drive" playing a bad guy. Must've been fun for him.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program... Baseball baseball baseball.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Archived