Spring Training - Day 6 - Ubaldimore Mania

weams

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, softball. Helps you improve your snapping of the wrist which is key motion throwing accuracy. Added bonus is it's a good way to from a pocket in new gloves for the season.

Don't they use tennis balls for long throws and warmups?

I agree, the ball in question is a softball, but I seem to remember something about tennis balls and pitchers.

Don't they use tennis balls for long throws and warmups?

I agree, the ball in question is a softball, but I seem to remember something about tennis balls and pitchers.

Yes, it's part of velocity development and arm strength technique. Throw an underweight ball (Tennis ball) as fast as you can. It's weight will force this to keep the distance but won't cause too much stress on the arm. Then switch to softballs and do long toss 120ft, no longer then probably 150ft for x amount of throws. I say probably 150ft cause I don't know the O's max distance they allow in their program.

It was a program I was doing since Elementary school. I always threw with a tennis ball during recess. Did it out of necessity.. as a school wall will always return the ball and helped with reflexes and reaction time. Then threw a softball with my mom in the evening after school cause she played fall and spring league. Come, high school this was typical, same in college.

Archived