Spring Training - Day 6 - Ubaldimore Mania

weams

A couple of notes from Sarasota today:

I haven't been to Ed Smith yet and it is really beautiful. I got there late, so missed most of the pitchers and catchers. I saw everyone else pass through the batting practice.

The best contact that I saw in the batting practice today came from Jonathan Schoop and from Henry Urrutia, both in the last group. Those two guys were really cracking it consistently.

When JJ and CD were finished (they were in the first group) they went to another field and took grounders from their knees. I had never seen that drill before. Other infielders from later BP groups did the same drill.

I grabbed an autograph from JJ on his way off the field. I said "Have a great season ... and stay here." It took him a minute to process, but then he looked up and smiled ... a nice exchange.

When Buck was signing autographs he was saying that he had to stop in order to get to the 12:00 press conference. He mentioned that it was for Suk Min Yoon. The he gave us a throwaway line to the effect that the other new guy (Jimenez) had passed his physical too. I said "That's great Buck." He looked up and said with a twinkle "I gave him the physical myself." Another nice exchange.

That's it. I'm technically challenged, so no pics, but the OH seems to have enough of those. I'll pass on any other snippets from the next 2 days here.

Thanks. Please keep us informed. I always appreciate the first hand reports. There is so much to notice and so many conversations to listen in on.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Buck was signing autographs he was saying that he had to stop in order to get to the 12:00 press conference. He mentioned that it was for Suk Min Yoon. The he gave us a throwaway line to the effect that the other new guy (Jimenez) had passed his physical too. I said "That's great Buck." He looked up and said with a twinkle "I gave him the physical myself." Another nice exchange.

:rofl:

Thanks. Please keep us informed. I always appreciate the first hand reports. There is so much to notice and so many conversations to listen in on.
BIG thanks! To any and all y'all that hit ST. We eat these reports for breakfast!
Hear hear! These are awesome. And thanks weams for doing the aggregation. Apparently I need to spread more rep around before....

Fourthed! I repped Jay but my iPhone interrupted my accompanying comment, which should have said, "I'm starving for stuff like this. Keep it up!"

Archived