Showalter: "Some of the better deals happen late in the spring."

weams

Britt Ghiroli

Do they have enough in them to go out and make another move, say for a Kendrys Morales? Manager Buck Showalter said today he would prefer an every day DH and cautioned reporters that some of the better deals happen late in the spring. Stay tuned.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the O's are done spending big money. A deal for a hitter in exchange for Britton late in ST is about what I expect. Small deal.

DD said they have 100M. They are at around 97.5M. That is with adding Aceves and not adding Young.

Duquette never said they were limited to $100 mm. He used a hypothetical with 100 marbles to illustrate a point. Big difference, IMO. You may be right that they won't spend significantly more, but I don't think the marble analogy is good evidence of anything.

As someone else mentioned, Kansas City has no reason to trade Butler right now. That would be awesome though.

That same poster thought Steve Johnson T.J and Britton would get Bulter. KC would hang up on us so fast. KC has about 3 stud SP in AAA they don't need are cast offs.

Why not?

Just go to a KC paper the GM has said 1000 times he's going no where. Plus he's all they got beside Gordon. Trading Butler would be like us moving Davis.

THE Royals wont be trading Butler people.

I Agree. It's VERY unlikely, but hey crazier things have happened. I'm not sure Morales is available with the current $ situation. I think we we get him, we're going to have to shed cash somewhere, I'm not sure where that can be done at. Maybe trading Matusz for a prospect or something?

Maybe trading Matusz for Smoak :) I would be fine with that too.

Archived