Showalter: "Some of the better deals happen late in the spring."

weams

I Agree. It's VERY unlikely, but hey crazier things have happened. I'm not sure Morales is available with the current $ situation. I think we we get him, we're going to have to shed cash somewhere, I'm not sure where that can be done at. Maybe trading Matusz for a prospect or something?

Maybe trading Matusz for Smoak :) I would be fine with that too.

Butler is making 8m this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duquette never said they were limited to $100 mm. He used a hypothetical with 100 marbles to illustrate a point. Big difference, IMO. You may be right that they won't spend significantly more, but I don't think the marble analogy is good evidence of anything.

"We have resources to extend our payroll. Our payroll is going to be closer to $100 million this year," Duquette said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-tanaka-signing-effect-0123-20140122,0,2662558.story#ixzz2tgLH3KSX

That same poster thought Steve Johnson T.J and Britton would get Bulter. KC would hang up on us so fast. KC has about 3 stud SP in AAA they don't need are cast offs.

I bet two of them would get Davis. Two pitchers with ML experience should bring back a player that has seemingly fallen out of the good graces of Mets' management.

I bet two of them would get Davis. Two pitchers with ML experience should bring back a player that has seemingly fallen out of the good graces of Mets' management.

Davis yes, Butler no.

Why did he only hit 15 homers last year. Is he becoming Kevin Millar?

Butler plays in a awful ball park to hit home runs. He's got a good OBP and Avg.

Archived