So now what do you project for the # of wins for 2014?

Redskins Rick

How many wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now I see us at 86 wins, plus or minus 5. But the +5 upside seems realistically obtainable without needing every single thing to go perfectly.

Go get Morales and I'll bump it up to 88 wins plus or minus 5.

I'd agree with this. You can already make the argument that the O's have the best hitting lineup in the East (OBP issues notwithstanding). Adding Morales would solidify that argument, IMO.

The wildcard is the pitching. The starting staff has enough upside to make one hopeful, and there seem to be enough bodies in camp to round out a good bullpen. We'll see how the chips fall, but I think the floor for this team should be 3rd place.

I predict 90 wins give or take 3 or so.

I think this team is already better than last year's. I think Lough is an improvement over McLouth in LF while acknowledging that I could be wrong. Davis will regress a bit, but I still expect a strong season from him. Second base was a black hole last year so I expect some improvement this season. Hardy, Jones, Markakis and Wieters will be Hardy, Jones, Markakis and Wieters. Manny should show some progression. If our DH's are middle of the road the offense is at least as good as last year.

The rotation should be better. Tillman and Jiminez give us two high-quality starters at the top of the rotation. Gonzalez and Chen are at least ML average #3 and #4 starter candidates. The combination of Norris, Yoon, Gausman, and later in the season Bundy, provide plenty of decent or better candidates to get starts through the season in the #5 slot.

And, while Johnson is gone, I think there are a boatload of quality bullpen arms that will be available both on the ML and AAA rosters. This team can contend for a wildcard and even the division if things go well.

I really can't wait til mid-2015 when I expect to see Tillman, Jiminez, Gausman and Bundy all in the rotation, with Gonzalez trying to hold off Rodriquez, Wright and McFarland for that last spot in the rotation.

Archived