So now what do you project for the # of wins for 2014?

Redskins Rick

How many wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins?

I was predicting around 85-88 wins before, but with the additions of Jimenez and Yoon, I'm now thinking 90-93 wins and a WC.

The FO have finally done their job this offseason as far as I'm concerned. If they want to add another player or something, that'd be fine, but I'm very content with the team we have now.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 wins by the All Star Break, and then coast to 102 wins and 60 losses overall. Ulbaldo wins 23 games and the Cy Young Award, and Tillman wins 21.

I'm all out of greenies.

Would somebody mind giving this guy some color for me ???

55 wins by the All Star Break and coast to 102 wins and 60 Losses Ulbaldo wins 23 and the Cy Young with Tillman winning 21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last year the All Star break came after the O's 96th game. That means you're projecting something like a 55-41 first half, and a 47-19 second half. I'm not sure even Earl's best teams played .712 ball the 2nd half.

Last year the All Star break came after the O's 96th game. That means you're projecting something like a 55-41 first half, and a 47-19 second half. I'm not sure even Earl's best teams played .712 ball the 2nd half.

The 1970 team did -- 54-21 (.720) after the Break. They had to win their final 11 games of the year to do it.

The 1970 team did -- 54-21 (.720) after the Break. They had to win their final 11 games of the year to do it.

The 1969 essentially did also, before dropping 5 of their final 6 games.

From the All-Star break until September 25th, they went 43-17, for a .733 winning percentage.

At that point, armed with with a 22 game lead in the division, they lost 5 out of their final 6 games, to finish the post-All Star season at 44-22, for a .667 winning percentage.

Still, Hazewood's point remains ........ it's pretty rare for a team to be that dominant (.712 or better) after the All-Star break.

The 1969 essentially did also, before dropping 5 of their final 6 games.

From the All-Star break until September 25th, they went 43-17, for a .733 winning percentage.

At that point, armed with with a 22 game lead in the division, they lost 5 out of their final 6 games, to finish the post-All Star season at 44-22, for a .667 winning percentage.

Still, Hazewood's point remains ........ it's pretty rare for a team to be that dominant (.712 or better) after the All-Star break.

The '80 team went 58-26 (.690) after the break. And still lost the division to the Yankees.

The '80 team went 58-26 (.690) after the break. And still lost the division to the Yankees.

I remember that. That really sucked. We were 100-62 to the Yankees' 103-59.

Almost as bad as that was in '77, when we went 97-64 with 1 rain-out, and the Yankees went 100-62.

Archived