Per Connolly: O's intensifying interest in Morales (Roch says he's hearing no)

VeveJones007

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he basically outlines the argument this thread is having between those "who think it should exist and therefore believe it does", and those who say "show me the evidence".

I thought he was saying that you could prove it empirically, but the difference is small enough to be irrelevant.

I thought he was saying that you could prove it empirically, but the difference is small enough to be irrelevant.

Yeah... he said that too.... but in the end, one statistical reference really can't be proof of much. I do like the logic. It should exist. Managers make out their lineup cards every night with the premise that it matters who hits where.

Is there anyone else specifically more pumped about Cruz than Morales, other than Birdland? Just curious.
There is no statistical evidence that who bats behind who has any significant effect on the overall numbers of the guy batting in front. But if managers believe it does, in certain situations, and make up their lineups accordingly, and pitchers adjust their pitching strategies accordingly in those situations, then protection does exist, in a sense.

Archived