Per Connolly: O's intensifying interest in Morales (Roch says he's hearing no)

VeveJones007

Apparently the only people who believe this are the pitchers who throw the pitches, the batters who see the pitches, and the managers who make up the line up cards. What do they know?
putting him behind Davis will give CD more pitches to hit.

You are wrong. Which goes to show you're consistent incapability to follow this argument (supported by tons of studies/data) that has been discussed at least 100 times or more on here. It's true that they (the protected batter) may very well see more hittable pitches. It just doesn't improve their overall performance.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm not bold enough to say that this is a done deal, but that article had some pretty specific possibilities in it W/R/T contract structure. Bodes well if you want Morales, IMO.

Also, did DD just find the late off-season loophole in the compensation game? If so, wouldn't it make sense for some team who has already surrendered a 1st round pick to offer Santana a similar type of deal? I'm doubting there's any chance the O's would spend even more, but one can dream.

Also, did DD just find the late off-season loophole in the compensation game? If so, wouldn't it make sense for some team who has already surrendered a 1st round pick to offer Santana a similar type of deal? I'm doubting there's any chance the O's would spend even more, but one can dream.

Texas would be that team, in this instance. They lost Holland, and now they might have lost Harrison. But as of this afternoon, they apparently had not contacted Santana.

No, Davis batted 5th most of the year, behind Jones.
Once it became clear that Markakis sucked, he bat Davis third. I remember being pissed because Jones has reverse splits, and I am a big believer in the best hitter bats #4 where he gets up with men on base more often.

Give it up with Davis, he's gone. Unless he's so bad the next two years that we wouldn't even want him.

I choose to think of it as if the O's can afford Markakis for $15M in 2014 with an extra $5M in TV money, then they can afford $20M/year for Davis when that TV money inches closer to $25M/year.

Still, we're putting the cart well ahead of the horse. 2013 may have been an aberration.

I choose to think of it as if the O's can afford Markakis for $15M in 2014 with an extra $5M in TV money, then they can afford $20M/year for Davis when that TV money inches closer to $25M/year.

Still, we're putting the cart well ahead of the horse. 2013 may have been an aberration.

Davis will want 10/200 M+. BAL will never pay that.

Batting 5th- 101 games

Batting 3rd- 34 games

Batting 4th- 25 games

Yeah and the times Davis went to cleanup, Jones went to third So Jones was basically "protected" by Davis almost all year. Who knows, Jones may have done better the times he was unprotected. It's all goop. Between Jones and Davis last year, one of them made a remarkable transition with their approach/plate discipline.

Archived