Per Connolly: O's intensifying interest in Morales (Roch says he's hearing no)

VeveJones007

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lock up Morales. Sign Santana. Trade for Ethier and have them eat a significant portion of his contract.

C - Wieters

1B - Davis

2B - Flaherty

3B - Machado

SS - Hardy

LF - Ethier

CF - Jones

RF -Markakis

DH - Morales

Rotation - Tillman, Jimenez, Santana, Chen, Gonzalez

Yeah and the times Davis went to cleanup, Jones went to third So Jones was basically "protected" by Davis almost all year. Who knows, Jones may have done better the times he was unprotected. It's all goop. Between Jones and Davis last year, one of them made a remarkable transition with their approach/plate discipline.
Protection is like Kris Kringle. As long as players believe it exists, it exists.

Morales is the only bat I've been interested in since the end of the season. Getting him now on a team friendly contract would be the icing on the cake. I have no interest whatsoever in Santana and his bionic elbow, especially if it's another 4-year deal like Jimenez.

A rotation next year that starts with Tillman, Jimenez, Gausman and Bundy has no need for Santana, especially with Gonzalez, Chen, Yoon, Rodriguez, and Wright fighting for that 5th starter spot and Hunter Harvey another year closer to the bigs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Orioles have intensified their interest in Kendrys Morales since the Jimenez signing: <a href="http://t.co/5PvFCiIn22">http://t.co/5PvFCiIn22</a></p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">February 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I said within a week, I am running close.

Birdland why do the O's need Santana too? No biggie. Just wondering why.

Going all in and signing Santana would allow us some flexibility to maybe add a LF.

Personally if it was one or the other I would probably try to get Ethier for LF over signing Santana.

When we sign Morales and noticed I said WHEN, do we do as Can of Corn has suggested and part ways with our silly dream of keeping a Rule 5 pick on this roster? Is he the guy that goes on the 40-man? I say yes.

I honestly don't think there is any intention of keeping him, even before Morales signs, but I'm still not sure if he'll be the next guy to go.

Going all in and signing Santana would allow us some flexibility to maybe add a LF.

Personally if it was one or the other I would probably try to get Ethier for LF over signing Santana.

LAD is not letting go of Ethier. Kemp is hardly able to run yet. And it would take a couple of our best pitching prospects to get him. Makes no sense.

Archived