Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

It's interesting to note that Jimenez, Santana and Cruz are all Dominican. The Orioles have been working hard down there to build their image and to land their top prospects. This could have a ripple effect landing some of their top players the young players look up to and then having them sign with us as well.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, if Morales would require a 3 year deal and thus make it much less likely that we have the flexibility to keep wieters or Davis, then we can't do that, and Cruz makes sense. I still think he's a major upgrade over our current DH, and if can be had on 1-2 year deal, then I'm psyched. Let's see...I think DD may know more about running a baseball team than me, and it seemed obvious to everyone including me that Morales would be a better fit, so I'm more than willing to give him some rope here. Now, if we hadn't already landed Jimenez, I might flip out over losing a 1st rounder for Cruz, that would be pretty hard to justify, but I'm pretty excited about the way things are shaking out.

This really disappoints me. I was in on Morales, but frankly I'd just keep the pick/money and stick with Urrutia or someone. An aging PED Cruz away from Texas is not what we want.. I think. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope this deal is short and cheap regardless.

I had a clear preference for Morales, even though he almost definitely will cost more, but once you dig into the numbers, there are a ton of similarities and the talent gap is not wide at all.

Just depends how big a deal you want to make of the PED issue and how much you want to believe that will have an effect.

I had a clear preference for Morales, even though he almost definitely will cost more, but once you dig into the numbers, there are a ton of similarities and the talent gap is not wide at all.

Just depends how big a deal you want to make of the PED issue and how much you want to believe that will have an effect.

Wonder how big a deal it will be with Nick.

I might actually puke if this comes to pass.

At the very least, I'll lose most of my respect for DD.

Why would you lose respect for Duquette? Did you lose respect for the Cardinals when they ponied up 52 million dollars for Peralta? PED's and steroids have been a sad part of the game but that doesn't mean that these players don't deserve a second chance or that they can't help your team. Cruz paid for his mistake. Let it go!!! I didn't see many people complaining about Roberts and steroids. That's right cause he only did it once!!!

Archived