Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

I can't be angry with Jiminez, Lough, Cruz, Young, Yoon, Webb, Aceves, De LaCruz, Weeks..etc...I agree with you. We had six returning to the lineup and four to the rotation and most to the bullpen. I see a lot of potential upside and talent in the supplementation.

Ok so he's filling all our needs and you want to troll him??

Some of you guys are nuts here... I bet you wanted someone like Betemit back

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuck. He better come really cheap. The only positive is offensively he'll be an improvement on Reimold/Pearce/Young.

Well, since he's a DH and you just listed our current DH options, I'd suggest this is the "only" positive or negative that matters if the question is whether he improves this year's team.

Again, DD is not stupid, he's taking advantage of the market to improve our team short term without sacrificing long term financial flexibility (I hope, I really really hope, since we obviously don't know what $$$ is being discussed).

Well, since he's a DH and you just listed our current DH options, I'd suggest this is the "only" positive or negative that matters if the question is whether he improves this year's team.

Yeah, you know, unless Cruz wants to play the OF, where he sucks, or if he costs enough that it prohibits a move later in the season, or if we still end up having a DH platoon situation, of if he's noticeably less effective w/o the PEDs, or... There are reasons most of us want Morales.

Ok so he's filling all our needs and you want to troll him??

Some of you guys are nuts here... I bet you wanted someone like Betemit back

Some people like losing.

They are afraid of being happy, they wouldn't have anyone to hate.

I study psychology, and it's hard to understand these issue but it exists.

Solid move by the O's if it's true, the line up is more flexible and dangerous now.

Yeah, you know, unless Cruz wants to play the OF, where he sucks, or if he costs enough that it prohibits a move later in the season, or if we still end up having a DH platoon situation, of if he's noticeably less effective w/o the PEDs, or... There are reasons most of us want Morales.

Of course Buck is never going to let his glove touch the field but he can still give you 25+ HRs / 75+ RBI's.... nothing to really hate about that coming from your DH spot.

I personally never take Jon Heymans tweets serious. :vader:

Markakis

Machado

Jones

Davis

Cruz

Wieters

Hardy

Lough

Flaherty

Mayor McCheese approves this lineup. :thumbsup1:

Buck had him when he was much younger and was a better outfielder and you wonder if that memory will still hold for Buck. Which would be bad for the defense.

Some people like losing.

They are afraid of being happy, they wouldn't have anyone to hate.

I study psychology, and it's hard to understand these issue but it exists.

Solid move by the O's if it's true, the line up is more flexible and dangerous now.

And some folks are always upbeat and happy. Other's find joy in making someone lose hope and feel sad.

There are many types of people.

Buck had him when he was much younger and was a better outfielder and you wonder if that memory will still hold for Buck. Which would be bad for the defense.

I think Buck deserves a little more credit than that. They know Lough is a ++ defender, and they know what the metrics (and everyone's eyes) say about Cruz.

I think you have to see the deal before you can decide.

Not really...I mean, if it's a one year deal for $5 million, sure. I wouldn't complain about that. But what are the odds of Cruz signing such a cheap deal? Whatever contract he signs this winter is likely to be his last, "big" FA contract.

Beyond that, his skill set just doesn't interest me that much. Mediocre average/on-base percentage guy with aging power who doesn't hit very well away from TEX. I think Morales stands a much better chance of substantially improving his production in a new uniform.

You're right, I'd have to see a deal to be certain, but there are very, very few scenarios in which I can imagine myself being OK with a Cruz signing.

I think Buck deserves a little more credit than that. They know Lough is a ++ defender, and they know what the metrics (and everyone's eyes) say about Cruz.

Yeah, I agree but if something goes south with Lough batting wise or injury wise, then I could see Cruz getting plenty of LF starts. Buck did play Wilson Betemit and Reynolds at 3rd for quite a while.

Archived