Update your offseason grade after the Yoon, Jimenez and Cruz signings

Frobby

What's your revised grade for this offseason?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What's your revised grade for this offseason?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've settled on a B. Jimenez was the player I wanted most, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about how the O's got to the point of signing him. In retrospect, it's been a pretty good winter, and I could understand giving it a higher grade. For me, though, the main reason the O's got Jimenez was that their Plan A, B, C, etc. fell through/went elsewhere. Even if the offseason's results were largely good, it just didn't feel like the O's had much of an acquisition strategy until their backs were against the wall.

I think it's a solid B. I was tempted to go to B+.

The thing that would push it to an A for me would be for DD to acquire some young depth for our minors by dealing off some of the guys on the 40-man. If somehow we could turn Bud Norris into a Nick Franklin...or something along those lines...I'd be ecstatic.

Another thing to consider is were these "oh crap we really pissed off the fan base this time" signings or was this the plan from the beginning.

I think that Duquette had deals with Yoon, Jimenez, and Cruz back in December, but he delayed the official signings and their accompanying announcements just because he wanted to see the OH board go to emotional extremes for sport.

Archived