Buck is The Man: Makes Josh Hart write paper on Frank Robinson

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manager Buck Showalter spotted 19-year-old outfielder Josh Hart walking down a hallway today and called him over to meet Frank Robinson....

"He was coming down the hall and I was walking Frank out of the locker room," Showalter asked. "I go, 'Hold on a second, Frank. Josh, do you know who this is?'"

Showalter already knew the answer.

"He says, 'No,' and I said, 'OK, by this time tomorrow I want a page on Frank Robinson,'" Showalter said. "I said, 'You go home, you research it and you come back tomorrow and have it on my desk. Frank got a kick out of that. "It's not their fault, it's not their fault."

Is Hart going to do it?

"You bet your ass," Showalter replied. "It better be there tomorrow. He knows."

Grinning from ear to ear right now.

And Andy MacPhail didn't get his guy.

So what.

I am so tired of the crap on Andy and Duke is great and vice versa.

Damnit, The Orioles sucked for 14 years, 14 long years.

Andy brought a respectability level back to this team, with the "start" of the rebuilding phase. As bad as the franchise was, it wasn't an overnight fix.

Duke came here and now, he has made a ton of changes, and the franchise is in better shape.

So let's give both guys their credit due.

So what.

I am so tired of the crap on Andy and Duke is great and vice versa.

Damnit, The Orioles sucked for 14 years, 14 long years.

Andy brought a respectability level back to this team, with the "start" of the rebuilding phase. As bad as the franchise was, it wasn't an overnight fix.

Duke came here and now, he has made a ton of changes, and the franchise is in better shape.

So let's give both guys their credit due.

OK. Let's phrase it your way. Thank God Peter Angelos said no. Better?

Archived