A rumor floating that the Orioles still have a move.

weams

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's just an overblown thing. Everyone has injuries and then they get hurt. So it was pointless to write an article," Davis said. "I sucked last year because I sucked. It's not because I had an injury. You always have injuries. And now it just looks bad. I didn't want the article to come out, and it did."

Mets manager Terry Collins said he was "as surprised as anybody" when he heard that Davis had been playing with an injury. Collins said he will address the situation privately with Davis.

"As I look back now, everything would have been better off had he said something," Collins said. "Certainly, hopefully, he'll learn from it that he needs to speak up."

Davis hit a career-low .205 with nine homers and 33 RBIs last year. He batted .161 with five homers and 16 RBIs at the season's start, was sent to Triple-A Las Vegas from June 10 to July 5 and then hit .267 after his recall. He left an Aug. 31 game at Washington because of the oblique injury and missed the final month of the season.

Davis twice said the initial oblique injury had no bearing on his swing and added players constantly have injuries to deal with.

"You can't tell people stuff because you won't play," he said. "You always hurt. You always hurt. ... You hurt all the time. You can't tell people - unless you can't physically actually go out and play - you can't say anything. So that's what we do, and we have injuries that last a little longer or they don't. What am I going to do? Not play? It doesn't make sense."

masn.com

I think the nine regulars are set. But, I'd like this team more with Flaherty on the bench, providing a left-handed, multi-position utility player. If Weeks could reach his potential or Schoop be ready sooner than thought, I'd be thrilled. I would like a bench of Clevenger (LH/C), Flaherty (LH/IF), Reimold (RH/OF) and Pearce (RH/CIF).

I think the nine regulars are set. But, I'd like this team more with Flaherty on the bench, providing a left-handed, multi-position utility player. If Weeks could reach his potential or Schoop be ready sooner than thought, I'd be thrilled. I would like a bench of Clevenger (LH/C), Flaherty (LH/IF), Reimold (RH/OF) and Pearce (RH/CIF).

I thought Pearce is an outfielder?

I like your bench otherwise, though I think Young might beat out Pearce.

I hope Roch's tweet is better than that. You equate that with a rumor that another move is coming, even a minor move?

It sounds like a follow up question to a rumor. That was non answered. And it was answered that you can forget Santana or Morales.

Archived