A rumor floating that the Orioles still have a move.

weams

I feel like if the Orioles make any moves it's for someone like Paplebon and it involves Britton going the other direction.

The Phillies have no direction. They aren't trading people, signing people, trading others...what are they doing?

I would love Paplebonn but doubt that happens.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like what you did there, Mr. Entertainer.

Yeah, he's almost as good as Charlie Chan. Can't wait till Roy starts doing impersonations in Yellowface (taped-up eyelids, buck teeth, evil grin, inscrutable sneers), especially out in California, where there's millions of the Yellow Horde ready to lap it up.

Addressing the original rumor about a LHP, Oliver Perez is still a free agent, and supposedly signing in the near future (though that's been rumored for a while and he's still out there).

Would be a good addition to the bullpen.

That's pretty interesting. He was pretty nasty out of the pen.

Addressing the original rumor about a LHP, Oliver Perez is still a free agent, and supposedly signing in the near future (though that's been rumored for a while and he's still out there).

Would be a good addition to the bullpen.

We have a lot of left handers though, really don't see where we have room. Pass.

We have a lot of left handers though, really don't see where we have room. Pass.

Actually-on second thought-let me ask people smarter than myself this question: who is more valuable: Troy Patton or Oliver Perez? Could you get anything for Patton?

Dan needs to stay busy:

1) Get an experienced closer.

2) Extend Hardy

3) Then extend Davis

4) Then extend Wieters

I don't want to hear the O's can afford it. He has broken a few rules by signing a 4 year contract with a FA starter and signing a taboo FA hitter. Now break some new ground and put this two year window stuff to bed.

Oh, and on the side trade Chris Jones and later Britton for minor league depth.

Dan needs to stay busy:

2) Extend Hardy

3) Then extend Davis

4) Then extend Wieters

I am not a fan of this happening for various reasons.

Davis is more realistic and my preference.

I think Hardy gets done.

Dan needs to stay busy:

2) Extend Hardy

3) Then extend Davis

4) Then extend Wieters

I am not a fan of this happening for various reasons.

Davis is more realistic and my preference.

I think Hardy gets done.

Davis could end up being the most important piece in this organization. If he puts up 80% of 2013, he will be. Without Davis, what's the point?

(That's a little dramatic, but he's the most important position player we have because of his bat.)

Yeah, he's almost as good as Charlie Chan. Can't wait till Roy starts doing impersonations in Yellowface (taped-up eyelids, buck teeth, evil grin, inscrutable sneers), especially out in California, where there's millions of the Yellow Horde ready to lap it up.
At least I'm not the only racist here. Roy is friends with Ali, and I am friends with Rock Dutton, but hey, they're black not yellow.

Davis could end up being the most important piece in this organization. If he puts up 80% of 2013, he will be. Without Davis, what's the point?

(That's a little dramatic, but he's the most important position player we have because of his bat.)

This is my OPINION (emphasis on opinion) the Wieters is vastly overrated and will decline rapidly.

Archived