Good news about Urrutia

Tony-OH

I am going to add to the bickering on this thread but to say the athletic diet of Americans is somehow worse than Cuba I will leave you with this.

USA since 1896 has medal 2681 times. Cuba 208 medals. If we were an over weight in our sports we would not win so much.

By the way China has more people if that will be your argument and has 526 total medals at the Olympics.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to add to the bickering on this thread but to say the athletic diet of Americans is somehow worse than Cuba I will leave you with this.

USA since 1896 has medal 2681 times. Cuba 208 medals. .

:rofl: Gotta love stat-heads!

USA since 1896 has medal 2681 times. Cuba 208 medals. If we were an over weight in our sports we would not win so much.

By the way China has more people if that will be your argument and has 526 total medals at the Olympics.

Um... US population is like 100 times Cuba's. Just sayin'...

Yeah straight facts suck!

Like...how your premise that better nutrition directly correlates to more medals is neither factual nor does it built on scientific method. Yep, sometimes straight facts do, indeed, suck.

This quote is not directed at any one person and I never usually post but....

To assume that an American diet consists of burgers, fries and a coke is insane. I am a CPA and my diet consists of about 3000 calories worth of vegetables, fruits and meat/ fish. I eat that way to fuel my workouts and to stay generally healthy. I don't eat much process foods nor do I eat much sugar. I solely drink water.

I don't say this to sound like an arrogant jerk, I say this because I assume that most non Prince Fielder athletes eat healthy. I eat this way and it has no factor on my career or compensation, but athletes can make millions by relying on their body.

I am assuming Hank's diet may have been poor during his trip here, but that really doesn't change the fact that he could be eating and lifting well during the offseason. I have put of 10 'healthy' pounds while working a desk job. I can only imagine what I could do if I had pro athlete resources, money, trainers and equipment.

At the end if the day, Hank looks stronger and that seems normal to me.

To assume that an American diet consists of burgers, fries and a coke is insane. I am a CPA and my diet consists of about 3000 calories worth of vegetables, fruits and meat/ fish. I eat that way to fuel my workouts and to stay generally healthy. I don't eat much process foods nor do I eat much sugar. I solely drink water.

I don't say this to sound like an arrogant jerk, I say this because I assume that most non Prince Fielder athletes eat healthy. I eat this way and it has no factor on my career or compensation, but athletes can make millions by relying on their body.

I am assuming Hank's diet may have been poor during his trip here, but that really doesn't change the fact that he could be eating and lifting well during the offseason. I have put of 10 'healthy' pounds while working a desk job. I can only imagine what I could do if I had pro athlete resources, money, trainers and equipment.

My diet is not healthy. All my young neighbors live on health foods alone. You could not get them to eat a burger.

What Kid said. Nick too.

Sounds like a pretty small sample size. As for the rest of the country:

"Americans eat nearly 50 billion burgers a year, which translates to three burgers a week for every single person in the United States."

"Americans eat nearly 50 billion burgers a year, which translates to three burgers a week for every single person in the United States."

I wonder if a small sample size is not appropriate for guys who go to live with Brady Anderson whenever they are not playing baseball?

I wonder if a small sample size is not appropriate for guys who go to live with Brady Anderson whenever they are not playing baseball?

Brady went through a stretch mid-1993 when he ate a burger at 3:30 before every home game.

50 BILLION? Says you. :rolleyes:

link or die

Archived