Monica Pence Barlow RIP

Greg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we all forget and think the Orioles are Angelos. They have a lot of wonderful and really hard working people in the organization. Hard working and good people who get very little credit and are not paid that well.
Everyone at the Orioles that I have been associated with has been wonderful. Monica treated me very well and was a brave woman. She always replied to my emails and helped several people here with personal requests and opportunities. She will be missed by all.

Orioles manager Buck Showalter broke the news to his players in the clubhouse before driving to Port Charlotte.

Showalter tried to say a few words about Monica while meeting with reporters a few minutes ago, but he choked up and asked that we wait until after the game.

"I tried to text her every night before I went to bed," Showalter said. "Today was the first time I didn't get a returned one."

Showalter turned away as tears filled our eyes. The session was over. None of us wanted to continue.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2014/02/orioles-pr-director-passes-away.html

Archived