Monica Pence Barlow RIP

Greg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe Monica would have a problem with my sharing this, even though she was very private and never talked about her situation unless prompted.

I wouldn't say I had a negative opinion on Peter Angelos, but I wasn't ever thrilled with him as the owner. Learning that he personally contacted the insurance companies to make sure that every single bill, co-pay and other charge throughout her treatments went directly to him so Monica didn't have another thing to worry about sure did make me respect and admire him as a person. Solid move on his part.

I don't believe Monica would have a problem with my sharing this, even though she was very private and never talked about her situation unless prompted.

I wouldn't say I had a negative opinion on Peter Angelos, but I wasn't ever thrilled with him as the owner. Learning that he personally contacted the insurance companies to make sure that every single bill, co-pay and other charge throughout her treatments went directly to him so Monica didn't have another thing to worry about sure did make me respect and admire him as a person. Solid move on his part.

I knew this was the case. She was very private. I think the Orioles as a whole supported her through her trials. She sent me a work related email just the 16th of February. She obviously repaid their support with dedication until the end.

Guest rochester
I knew this was the case. She was very private. I think the Orioles as a whole supported her through her trials. She sent me a work related email just the 16th of February. She obviously repaid their support with dedication until the end.

Actually, I know of others times Peter has done this.... there is no doubt how much he cares... he is just not cut-out to own a sports franchise.

I think it's generally understood that Peter Angelos is a great person but a bad baseball owner. This story doesn't surprise me. It's sad that she passed so young but it's nice to read so many great memories of her and to see how tight the Oriole family actually is.

Archived