Ervin Santana now seeking a one-year deal (Braves close to a deal)

Greg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Blue Jays just signed Radhames Liz, so they are probably out of the running for Santana. ;)

Wow. I can't believe he's still active.

No reason not to at least inquire, which I'm sure we have. Sign him and trade Norris and we're in a good position. But, Norris as a #5 isn't bad.

If this is true we should not let this opportunity slip away. If he has a 1 year contract he'll have a lot of motivation to perform, as well, naturally, which means we've got a good chance of getting the "good Santana".

It doesn't make sense to half go for it; we've put our chips in for this season, and we're going for it, so we should be taking this opportunity if it's really there, IMO.

Norris to closer--thus upgrading two positions which are not quite the level needed for a top contender--or traded for a closer.

Cruz had PED over him. Ervin will get 14m on a 1 year deal from someone.

My question is how many team will really be willing to give up a high draft pick for a 1 year deal, though. Giving up a 1st AND that much money for just 1 year seems like it would take a lot of the teams out of the running. We have a huge advantage since the pick is pretty much inconsequential at this point.

My question is how many team will really be willing to give up a high draft pick for a 1 year deal, though. Giving up a 1st AND that much money for just 1 year seems like it would take a lot of the teams out of the running. We have a huge advantage since the pick is pretty much inconsequential at this point.

Blue Jays would only give up pick 50.

Archived