Ervin Santana now seeking a one-year deal (Braves close to a deal)

Greg

Fair enough: what do you think is his final deal? If he does 1 year, I think it is closer to $14m than what Cruz took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably closer to 14 than 8. I'd offer 1/12, assuming clearance from ownership and then look to trade Norris.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably closer to 14 than 8. I'd offer 1/12, assuming clearance from ownership and then look to trade Norris.

That is what probably happens, agreed (if we sign him). I do like Norris though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem is that if everyone else beats you to the punch on each quality FA, then you're screwed.

It's the reading of the comp pick market. I guess he made assumptions based on last year and was either lucky or good. You're right though, a couple of desperate teams and your targets evaporate.

Color me clueless on whether Norris is a legitimate closer. It's a popular viewpoint, but I've not seen the reasons why he would excel there.

If he signs with us, I would be so surprised. Having a top 10 farm system, or close to it, and major free agents coming our way, wow.

Color me clueless on whether Norris is a legitimate closer. It's a popular viewpoint, but I've not seen the reasons why he would excel there.

If he signs with us, I would be so surprised. Having a top 10 farm system, or close to it, and major free agents coming our way, wow.

Norris blew every relief appearance last year if I'm not mistaken. I have no idea why people want him as closer.

I would sign Ervin Santana to a one year deal, but I don't understand why so many people want to get rid of Norris, who we control for the next two years and is only costing us $5M. He can work out of the BP and might come in handy this year if someone goes down, and definitely next year when both Santana's would be gone.

:eek:

Teams with more money like the Rangers and Yankees need him more. And im not in a hurry to jettison Bud Norris. He's a pretty good pitcher and I think he will pitch as well if not better than Santana this year.

Why in the world would the yankees NEED ervin santana on a 1 year deal that costs them a 1st rd pick?

Sabathia

Kuroda

Tanaka

Nova

Pineda

I seriously doubt the yankees go after him. The orioles have been the most connected and they fit the bill more tham anyone else. Im acrually pretty optimistic here

All boils down to Santana's elbow. Supposedly checked out OK in October but any team considering signing him would hopefully be able to do an incentive package. I get the feeling the consensus around baseball is that his flipper is gonna blow out soon.

No brainer

Serious no brainier for the O's. I have to agree that other teams might see the opportunity here and overpay shutting DD out.

I'll be disappointed if the O's aren't in on this regardless.

Archived