Ervin Santana now seeking a one-year deal (Braves close to a deal)

Greg

I will personally send dan duquette a bottle of scotch if he brings in Santana. I'm dead serious.

Imagine if you will, a healthy starting 5 in July that looks like this........

1 - jiminez

2 - Tillman

3 - E. Santana

4 - J. Santana

5 - Norris

Chen and gonzo in the bullpen/long relief/spot starter roles.......Gausman and bundy as possible call ups in September.

Long long way from the dark days gents.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will personally send dan duquette a bottle of scotch if he brings in Santana. I'm dead serious.

1 - jiminez

2 - Tillman

3 - E. Santana

4 - J. Santana

5 - Norris

Chen and gonzo in the bullpen/long relief/spot starter roles.......Gausman and bundy as possible call ups in September.

Is it possible to have a 9 man rotation? Find one more and we could double team them to go 4 innings each game.

1 - jiminez

2 - Tillman

3 - E. Santana

4 - J. Santana

5 - Norris

I'm not sure why you bumped out either of Gonzo or Chen and kept Norris.

Still very much conditioned to the Orioles NOT being the type of team that does this sort of thing, so I can't imagine the Orioles bringing in Santana no matter how potentially favorable the contract may be.

However, IF it were to happen, I'd love it. I'd love the pitching depth. Personally, I'm not really sold on the idea of Norris as a closer, or even working out of the pen, but I do like the idea of having some nice trade chips to potentially cash in whether it be this spring, all-star break, or trade deadline.

Very interested to see how this plays out. Although, I can't imagine how Seattle, Texas, or Toronto, just to name a few, aren't all over this already.

If signed, a 6 man rotation would really benefit Gonzo, Chen, and Norris (probablythe other starters as well) but we know that statistically, Gonzo is a much better pitcher with an extra day's rest. Chen and Norris seemed to have worn down as the season drew to a close.

If signed, a 6 man rotation would really benefit Gonzo, Chen, and Norris (probablythe other starters as well) but we know that statistically, Gonzo is a much better pitcher with an extra day's rest. Chen and Norris seemed to have worn down as the season drew to a close.

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - jiminez

2 - Tillman

3 - E. Santana

4 - J. Santana

5 - Norris

I think you're putting too many eggs in the Johan Santana basket and I'm confused at your lack of confidence in Chen/Gonzales.

With that said, I hope we sign Ervin Santana.

Norris blew every relief appearance last year if I'm not mistaken. I have no idea why people want him as closer.

Not that I want Norris out of the rotation... but he only had 2 relief appearances last year. 3 total in his entire ML career.

I like Santana a LOT more with a one-year deal in mind. Still, I won't be upset if someone else signs him at this point, even the Yankees. Giving up only a 3rd makes a lot of sense for a guy motivated for a contract on a one year, but if Toronto or NYY give up their 1st to pay him that wouldn't be that bad an outcome. He is not the kind of guy that definitely makes any of these teams better but has upside as an innings eater.

I'm not sure why you bumped out either of Gonzo or Chen and kept Norris.

Someone has to get bumped right?

Johan wouldn't be healthy until much later anyways so ik sure Chen will stay as a lefty seeing as he'd be the only lefty on the team unless/until Johan gets healthy.

Actually after seeing how gonzo fatigued last year, maybe it would be best to use him for spot duty long relief to save his arm for the playoffs?

Again, none of these are bad problems to have and even without E. Santana, we still have plenty to look forward to this year .

But man, Ervin would absolutely be the icing on the cake for this team and would give us a rotation that could go toe to tie with anyone in the league 1-5.

Bud Norris was Houston's ace when healthy and he would be our number 5!

Toronto can't give up their 1st rounders to sign him. Both their 1st rounders are protected.

Right. I forgot about that. Without looking I don't remember if Tor has any comp picks either, but obviously giving up a higher pick was my point and I'm not sure Tor still fits that bill. Do I understand that correctly that a comp pick first, and then potentially a 2nd would be the cost without one?

Archived