No seriously, where is Francisco Peguero ?

33rdst

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What has Reimold done to take time away from Pegeuro? He has one ball that got through the IF all ST. Henry doesn't figure to make the club there's no spot for him with Cruz here. But Pegeuro should be seeing at least as much time as Borbon, Paul, and Berry are getting.

Not trying to say I know. I am just guessing.

Buck is giving Nolan time before his termination date arrives on the 15th.

Buck wants to see Henry before he is sent down.

Berry an Borbon are being watched to see how good they are as AAA replacement in case they cut Peguero.

The only reason I can see Paul gets play time is the guy can hit.

None of that explains why Peguero hasn't played since the 5th. But that was about he time that Henry and Nolan got well.

It has to involve something the team wants to keep quiet. I doubt it's injury. We knew Henry had a sore shoulder and Casilla had a calf strain. It could be personal, the most likely explanation, or PED related. Reasons why everyone would keep things under their hat.

Not trying to say I know. I am just guessing.

Buck is giving Nolan time before his termination date arrives on the 15th.

Buck wants to see Henry before he is sent down.

Berry an Borbon are being watched to see how good they are as AAA replacement in case they cut Peguero.

The only reason I can see Paul gets play time is the guy can hit.

None of that explains why Peguero hasn't played since the 5th. But that was about he time that Henry and Nolan got well.

That's all possible. But you'd think he'd want to at least get him some work. I posted the TFH pic but I meant the opposite. There does seem to be something fishy about this. For sure.

If it were PED's I'd think they'd let him continue to play in ST games at least until the suspension became public and probably even then. He would not be suspended from playing in ST games. If he is just injured, just a bad job by the beat reporters. It will come out sooner or later.

If he has tested positive for PEDs and they are waiting for the suspension, there is no reason for the Orioles to play him. He's not going to make the team.

Actually... not so much. I don't get why anyone thinks Peguero is anything but bound for Norfolk. He's all tools and defense, yet he isn't even a regular CFer in the minors.
Because he can't be headed for Norfolk. He is out of options. He either makes the club or goes on waivers and will get picked up.

He's got a very good shot to clear waivers and if he doesn't it's no big loss.

There was an article you may remember written earlier this winter on MLB traderumors. The point of the article was that some teams are trying to uncover new efficiencies in the market by identifying relatively young players who were non-tendered or released by their former teams. These were players who may have been stuck behind mlb players. Essentially, teams are being forced to compete for these players because of the interest teams like Baltimore, Cleveland, KC and others are showing in them. In Peguero's case the O's had to give him a major league contract in order for him to agree to sign. Right or wrong the O's thought enough of him to place him on the forty man roster. It just doesn't seem logical that the team would abandon a guy like him in the middle of spring training.

There was an article you may remember written earlier this winter on MLB traderumors. The point of the article was that some teams are trying to uncover new efficiencies in the market by identifying relatively young players who were non-tendered or released by their former teams. These were players who may have been stuck behind mlb players. Essentially, teams are being forced to compete for these players because of the interest teams like Baltimore, Cleveland, KC and others are showing in them. In Peguero's case the O's had to give him a major league contract in order for him to agree to sign. Right or wrong the O's thought enough of him to place him on the forty man roster. It just doesn't seem logical that the team would abandon a guy like him in the middle of spring training.
Exactly. Especially when he had a great season in Winter ball, came to camp in great shape and very focused. His first few games were very good especially his defense. Then he just dropped off the map.

This sounds like the Orioles were pretty high on Peguero when they signed him. He is a .300 hitter in the minors. Something definitely has happened and everyone, including the media, is keeping quiet about it.

Orioles exec views Francisco Peguero as everyday player

by Al Melchior | Data Analyst

Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette told the Baltimore Sun that he wants to see recently-acquired outfielder Francisco Peguero get an opportunity to be an everyday player. Peguero signed a one-year deal with the Orioles on Friday.

Duquette acknowledged that Peguero doesn't hit for much power, but he likes the former Giant's contact, running and defensive skills. Peguero is out of options, and Duquette said that "he will get an opportunity from us in spring training to show what he has...he could emerge as a good everyday ballplayer."

O's sign Francisco Peguero to major-league deal

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

The Orioles have signed outfielder Francisco Peguero, pending a physical, according to MASN on Friday. Peguero batted 316/.354/.408 in Triple-A last season. He will be placed on the 40-man roster.

Archived