No seriously, where is Francisco Peguero ?

33rdst

This is a downside of having one newspaper. No competition. They basically feed off of each other. It doesn't seem like their out there getting their own sources. Britt and Roch are out there too but they basically put a positive spin on their stuff because essentially they work for the league and O's respectively. To be fair Britt has shown the willingness to be critical in other venues such as TV and radio but I was disappointed today when she said "they" hadn't noticed Peguero was out of the line up. Isn't that their job to notice?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a downside of having one newspaper. No competition. They basically feed off of each other. It doesn't seem like their out there getting their own sources. Britt and Roch are out there too but they basically put a positive spin on their stuff because essentially they work for the league and O's respectively. To be fair Britt has shown the willingness to be critical in other venues such as TV and radio but I was disappointed today when she said "they" hadn't noticed Peguero was out of the line up. Isn't that their job to notice?

The Sun has sucked for as long as I have been alive.

I "noticed" it before they did by days, and I am not in Sarasota every day talking to all the players looking for something to say for this day's column. If this is true that they didn't notice, then it's really sloppy. The difference between Tony OH reporting and these guys, is Tony has an avid interest in baseball and these guys have an avid interest in their careers.

LOL, oh yeah, and I remember the Washington Star too.

Yes, the Sun still suck, even then.

I didn't think the News American was very good but I think it made the Sun better. Steadman was their top sports columnist and although he had his ditractors he made guys like Jackman,Murray, Justice and others better. This was all pre-internet obviously so they had to work a little harder to get their stuff.

I "noticed" it before they did by days, and I am not in Sarasota every day talking to all the players looking for something to say for this day's column. If this is true that they didn't notice, then it's really sloppy. The difference between Tony OH reporting and these guys, is Tony has an avid interest in baseball and these guys have an avid interest in their careers.

This. Especially Schmuck.

I didn't think the News American was very good but I think it made the Sun better. Steadman was their top sports columnist and although he had his ditractors he made guys like Jackman,Murray, Justice and others better. This was all pre-internet obviously so they had to work a little harder to get their stuff.
These names are giants in comparison to what we have now. And they weren't that good. No Rices, Menkins, Leiblings, or Barbers, among them. The days of Edward R Murrow are long gone when it comes to "journalism". Today if you are not a shill for the vested interests you simply don't get the air time.

An example. We just had four tweets. One each from our beat reporters. All telling us there have been no further discussions regarding Hardy's extension. They all sat in front of Duquette and each reported what he said. Isn't there a better way. They can't all think that their audiences don't overlap. Aren't there other stories out there that don't involve these people regurgitating what they've heard from a talking head? Okay I apologize for the *****ing.

Archived