No seriously, where is Francisco Peguero ?

33rdst

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weams the official OH good will ambassador for all things Orioles, says Roch posted this last week. But he can't or won't find it( and neither can anyone else it would seem; I don't want to look for it because reading too much Roch gives me a headache). Roch as late as yesterday says he wasn't aware of any injury. Today after this question being raised in numerous blogs we are finally inundated with information about an injury which it would seem is not a surprise to anyone. Some one's confused.

I apologize if it's already been said on this thread because I pretty much just skimmed over the posts about old newspapers and poor journalism, but if Peguero is injured at all, the team could stash him on the D.L. for awhile to start the season, and this helps clear up the OF picture without having to completely cut the guy.

You never like to see a player get injured, but if it's not serious, at least this is a way to keep Peguero in the organization. This is what might happen with Reimold as well, although he's been playing (and not looking terrible) recently.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140311&content_id=69104426&notebook_id=69131486&vkey=notebook_bal&c_id=bal

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Outfield hopeful Francisco Peguero has been sidelined with a right wrist strain and he's considered day to day, manager Buck Showalter said.

Peguero, who is ranked the club's No. 13 prospect, said he's never had anything like it and the plan is for him to get an MRI in the next few days. He first felt the issue creep up during batting practice on the back fields about four days ago.

Looks like to the DL.

In other news, it appears that both outfielder Francisco Peguero and right-hander Edgmer Escalona will open the season on the disabled list.

A right wrist injury is still ailing Peguero, who will have to wear a brace on the wrist for the next two weeks.

“It’s frustrating because I can’t do anything right now,” Peguero said. “I’m trying to make the team and I can’t do that.”

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-early-orioles-notes-on-matusz-peguero-and-escalona--20140319,0,3318300.story#ixzz2wQ9fky00

So as of right now the only guys we are in danger of losing are...

Almanzar- Rule 5

De La Cruz- no options

Reimold- no options (DL maybe?)

Aceves-minor league opt out

Young- minor league opt out

I think Pearce, Almanzar and Aceves make the OD roster. Reimold to the DL. Cruz gets placed on Waivers. And it will be Delmon Young's choice to stay with the organization.

And just think before ST we all thought we we're going to be losing a bunch of the guys like this. It looks like we're probably just going to have to hope Cruz clears waivers and Delmon Young doesn't opt out.

So as of right now the only guys we are in danger of losing are...

Almanzar- Rule 5

De La Cruz- no options

Reimold- no options (DL maybe?)

Aceves-minor league opt out

Young- minor league opt out

I think Pearce, Almanzar and Aceves make the OD roster. Reimold to the DL. Cruz gets placed on Waivers. And it will be Delmon Young's choice to stay with the organization.

And just think before ST we all thought we we're going to be losing a bunch of the guys like this. It looks like we're probably just going to have to hope Cruz clears waivers and Delmon Young doesn't opt out.

You can add Casilla/Gonzalez to that list, since they're both XX(B) free agent signings they can both opt out as well if informed they don't make the 25-man roster. Odds say they won't both make it.

Peguero also may be lost either at the beginning of the season, or after his (possible) DL stint is up.

You can add Casilla/Gonzalez to that list, since they're both XX(B) free agent signings they can both opt out as well if informed they don't make the 25-man roster. Odds say they won't both make it.

Peguero also may be lost either at the beginning of the season, or after his (possible) DL stint is up.

Agon has won a job IMO.

Reimold needs to have more than 1 good game.

Almanzar-what do we see in this guy? Blah.

Aceves-doesn't hurt to keep him a while longer.

Young has lost to Pearce.

De La Cruz-prob earned a spot in the bp

Peguero-DL

He is being placed on the DL. a two week cast for Acute Tendinitis.

Peguero has been dealing with a right wrist injury that hasn't gotten better, and he will be fitted for a brace for the next two weeks.

"Just want to let it completely heal," manager Buck Showalter said. "He's got acute tendinitis; [that's] how they put it. I think we're going to try to get that managed. I think that kind of takes him out of the picture for Opening Day

Britt Ghiroli

Archived