• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too.
I want to keep him.

There, I said it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

justD took video of him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4nHiBxXiB1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like Peguero more than I do Almanzar, but good idea.
Be nice if we could keep them both. Actually we could if we go with we 4 man bench. Almanzar gives us a RH power bat at DH for the 150 PA or so that Cruz plays LF. He also covers 1B if we want to rest Davis. That's maybe 200 PA total. I doubt that's the difference between making the playoffs or not. Pegeuro gives us a late inning defensive upgrade at all three OF positions and he can run. Not the best team but maybe the right team.

Our success or failure will be related much, much more to the performance of our pitching staff. Keeping this guy for his future potential vs. the other bench options we currently have will have little overall impact on this year's playoff drive, imho. I would like to see him kept, but that is just me.

It's a fair point. If he can work with Dickerson to play a serviceable 3B then we may have something. It gives us organizational depth and I doubt Gonzalez if going to be around next year.

Who knows but it certainly would be expected that Steve Pearce or Delmon Young would produce more than Almanzar. Pretty tough to look into a crystal ball and figure out if it costs the team a win or two or the chance to make the playoff. However, it's not the concession that you'd expect a contender to make. And for what? Is Almanzar a star in the making? Is he even a ML regular at 3B down the road?
I have no idea what Almazar's potential is. I'll leave that to DD and his evaluators. No doubt Pearce would be the better choice but for 200 PA how much difference would it make?

Any updates on Almanzar?

Does Alex Gonzales trade and Machado starting on the DL give the Orioles some more time to keep him on the roster?

I hope so, it would be great to keep him, even if he ends up in AAA next year. Good looking prospect, but its going to be tough to keep him in the majors if he isn't ready to hit ML pitching.

Do the Orioles have a solid 3B prospect in the minors? I can't think of one. But, I think the only way Almanzar stays in the organization is if the Orioles can somehow convince Boston to agree to a trade.

So, do you think Boston would like to have Aceves back? Was his problem there specifically with Valentine?

Archived