Michael Almanzar

weams

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not felt bad for the Red Sox since game three of the 2004 ALCS.

Thank the Baseball Gods, he removed himself from the short list of managers for the open job here!

I even felt bad for the Red Sox, Bobby V is the turd of all turds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel bad for the Sox, but I do feel bad for Bill Buckner and how he was crucified by their fans.

Just saw a tweet he is having an MRI. I guess technically we could put him on the DL...

That is actually ideal in a twisted sort of way ;)

That just kicks the can down the street for a few weeks.

That's really not a bad thing at this point. Who knows what opportunities may present themselves allowing him to be kept.

I don't like this whole teach a player then give him back to a divisional rival thing.

I don't think there's much danger of it coming back to haunt us in this case. He's never distinguished himself as a hitter in the minors and he can't play 3B. If he reaches his full potential, who is he, Delmon Young?

I don't think there's much danger of it coming back to haunt us in this case. He's never distinguished himself as a hitter in the minors and he can't play 3B. If he reaches his full potential, who is he, Delmon Young?

Then why do the O's want to waste a roster spot on him?

What does 90 days have to do with this?

You can't just stash a rule V guy on the DL all season. If he has less then 90 days on the actual roster then he needs to fulfill that requirement next season.

I don't think the O's are planning on stashing him for an extended period with a fake injury.

You can't just stash a rule V guy on the DL all season. If he has less then 90 days on the actual roster then he needs to fulfill that requirement next season.

I don't think the O's are planning on stashing him for an extended period with a fake injury.

Ill ask again: what is this guy's upside? He isn't a top 30 prospect, isn't a great defender....why be roster constrained all season when there are better players? I am sure it is cute to be the smartest man in the room, but there are much better more talented players that should be on this roster.

Ill ask again: what is this guy's upside? He isn't a top 30 prospect, isn't a great defender....why be roster constrained all season when there are better players? I am sure it is cute to be the smartest man in the room, but there are much better more talented players that should be on this roster.

I certainly don't want him.

I just don't want the O's to screw his head on right then send him back to the Sox.

Just saw a tweet he is having an MRI. I guess technically we could put him on the DL...
That just kicks the can down the street for a few weeks.
Then why do the O's want to waste a roster spot on him?
I certainly don't want him.

I just don't want the O's to screw his head on right then send him back to the Sox.

I really don't think the Orioles will "screw his head on right" in a couple of months.

I hope he is worth keeping and there is a way to keep him.

But he may not be, in which case, send him back. No lost sleep of a taking a shot.

"We'd like to figure out a way to keep Michael, but it may not work out," Showalter said.

Almanzar, 23, has hit .200/.275/.371 with a homer and nine RBIs in 40 plate appearances this spring. The one thing Showalter said the Orioles won't do with Almanzar, who is ranked the Orioles' No. 18 prospect, is try to take advantage of the system and stash him in their system until next year through an extended stint on the disabled list.

"Only if it needs it," Showalter said. "We will not do that. If he's hurt, he'll be on the DL. If he's not, we'll deal with it."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140324&content_id=70009294&notebook_id=70038572&vkey=notebook_bal&c_id=bal

"We'd like to figure out a way to keep Michael, but it may not work out," Showalter said.

Almanzar, 23, has hit .200/.275/.371 with a homer and nine RBIs in 40 plate appearances this spring. The one thing Showalter said the Orioles won't do with Almanzar, who is ranked the Orioles' No. 18 prospect, is try to take advantage of the system and stash him in their system until next year through an extended stint on the disabled list.

"Only if it needs it," Showalter said. "We will not do that. If he's hurt, he'll be on the DL. If he's not, we'll deal with it."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140324&content_id=70009294&notebook_id=70038572&vkey=notebook_bal&c_id=bal

Thanks for posting, good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived