Michael Almanzar

weams

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may be a corner OF in 2 years, and 6-03 210. He certainly is not a ML ready 3B right now, but 1B would be a last resort for me at this point. His RH power is a valuable commodity. If he has a good attitude and work ethic, I believe you do what you can to keep and develop a talent like him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almanzar has Patellar Tendinitis. He will start the season on the DL it appears.

The Almanzar issue is now officially tabled until something unforeseen happens or he comes off the DL.

Good enough for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He "hurt" it?

Just seems like an odd coincidence that he fouls off a pitch then suddenly has tendinitis.

Really odd.

I reported it incorrectly when the knee was swollen originally. He tweaked it in the ninth inning of a game, it became swollen, And I mis-reported the cause here. Nothing to see.

Maybe him going to the DL buys time for a Pearce/Young trade? If whichever of those two (or both) makes the team swings a hot bat and someone goes down for another team, perhaps they have some value. Then almanzar would eventually come back and possibly take that RH Dh role?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sorry, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> put Rule 5 pick Michael Almanzar on 60-day DL to make room for Meek on 40</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived