I Admit I Have Not Been Active Lately On OH and It is My Fault But.....

Old#5fan

Hey, it's not just curve balls, sonny. I've read his nuanced analysis showing Curt Blefary was a better fielder than Nick Markakis. It's sublime.
He played Lf and since Markakis can't or won't play left field he indeed was better at the position. To my knowledge Curt never played Rf unless Frank was hurt and even then I seem to recall Russ Snyder playing there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He played Lf and since Markakis can't or won't play left field he indeed was better at the position. To my knowledge Curt never played Rf unless Frank was hurt and even then I seem to recall Russ Snyder playing there.

Besides, when did Markakis ever catch a no-hitter. Huh? That has to speak to the natural talent.

My favorite Curt Blefary story happened on a bus to New York for a Yankees series. As the bus drove past a junkyard in New Jersey, Frank Robinson asked, "Hey Clank, you want us to stop so you can go in and pick out a new glove?"

Besides, when did Markakis ever catch a no-hitter. Huh? That has to speak to the natural talent.

Blefary also garnered the Rookie of the Year an rarity for an Oriole player and not an award Markakis had no chance of sniffing as he was pretty bad as a rookie especially during his first few months.

Blefary also garnered the Rookie of the Year an rarity for an Oriole player and not an award Markakis had no chance of sniffing as he was pretty bad as a rookie especially during his first few months.

Good point.

Blefary is right up there with Eddie Murray, another Oriole Rookie of the Year.

If you don't sniff Rookie of the Year, you have no business being mentioned in the same breath as legends such as Curt Blefary and Eddie Murray.

Plus, Blefary won a championship in 1966, another thing that Markakis never got so much as a sniff of. For crying out loud, Markakis couldn't even play the one time that the Orioles made the postseason in his career.

Going back to my March 20h post again, I see. Trying to talk to you is like trying to be nice to a telemarketer. I won't make that mistake again. Goodbye.

The problem is you need to learn how to admit you were wrong. It just means you are human. I do it on a regular basis. Not a big deal at all.

Good point.

Blefary is right up there with Eddie Murray, another Oriole Rookie of the Year.

If you don't sniff Rookie of the Year, you have no business being mentioned in the same breath as legends such as Curt Blefary and Eddie Murray.

Plus, Blefary won a championship in 1966, another thing that Markakis never got so much as a sniff of. For crying out loud, Markakis couldn't even play the one time that the Orioles made the postseason in his career.

Indeed he did.

Wow ... The guy was leaving well enough alone and you guys resurrected the dead on this one ...

Actually ...... this was The Post Heard 'Round the World, two pages ago:

Old#5fan strikes again! We may only have just have passed the all-star break, but Hammel has outpitched every Oriole SP in 2014:

Jimenez 99.2 IP, 4.52 ERA, 1.535 WHIP

Tillman 131.0 IP, 3.92 ERA, 1.351 WHIP

Gonzalez 102.2 IP, 3.77 ERA, 1.422 WHIP

Chen 117.0 IP, 3.92 ERA, 1.265 WHIP

Norris 102.2 IP, 3.94 ERA, 1.237 WHIP

Gausman 49.0 IP, 3.67 ERA, 1.408 WHIP

Hammel 121.1 IP, 3.41 ERA, 1.129 WHIP

I'm certainly not complaining about the state of our rotation, just marveling at Old#5fan's incredible foresight!

The problem is you need to learn how to admit you were wrong. It just means you are human. I do it on a regular basis. Not a big deal at all.

There is no problem. To express opinions on a baseball forum is to be wrong more often than right. Feeling the need to admit when you are wrong is sheer vanity. Feeling the need to point out when others are wrong is infantile.

There is no problem. To express opinions on a baseball forum is to be wrong more often than right. Feeling the need to admit when you are wrong is sheer vanity. Feeling the need to point out when others are wrong is infantile.

I don't feel the need to point out when others are wrong, but people do it to me so often, it is kind of enjoyable on a rare ocasion to sort of turn the table....but I do apologize if it rubbed you the wrong way.

Old#5fan strikes again! We may only have just have passed the all-star break, but Hammel has outpitched every Oriole SP in 2014:

Jimenez 99.2 IP, 4.52 ERA, 1.535 WHIP

Tillman 131.0 IP, 3.92 ERA, 1.351 WHIP

Gonzalez 102.2 IP, 3.77 ERA, 1.422 WHIP

Chen 117.0 IP, 3.92 ERA, 1.265 WHIP

Norris 102.2 IP, 3.94 ERA, 1.237 WHIP

Gausman 49.0 IP, 3.67 ERA, 1.408 WHIP

Hammel 121.1 IP, 3.41 ERA, 1.129 WHIP

I'm certainly not complaining about the state of our rotation, just marveling at Old#5fan's incredible foresight!

Hammel is 0-3 with a 7.11 ERA in the American League during a pennant race, instead of pitching for a doormat while getting an automatic out every nine batters.

Hammel was clobbered for 6 runs in the 1st inning this afternoon.

44 pitches in that 6-run inning.

He really has struggled since the Athletics acquired him from the Cubs earlier this month.

Archived