Do you make this trade?

Sports Guy

Do you trade Bedard for Jones, Tillman and Sherrill?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trade Bedard for Jones, Tillman and Sherrill?

I mentioned in the Bavasi thread that it is my opinion that Sherrill, Tillman and Jones are going to be coming here in a Bedard deal.

I speculated that a 4th player is probably what we are waiting for or we are "fighting" over who that 4th player is.

But let's say that the deal is Tillman, Sherrill and Jones and that's it...Do you make that trade?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do the trade. Not just because I want to see something happen, but because Jones for Bedard is a fair trade. Sherrill will most likely be traded later down the line, or Walker will be in his place.

Tillman was their pitcher of the year and looks to have a high upside. I would like to get a 4th player but I wouldnt hold out for it.

I say no. I don't really like that deal. Sherril isn't going to help us in the long run, unless we flip him for something.

If that was what the deal at hand was, I'd at least try my hardest to add some dead weight to hopefully get someone more like Triunfel or Clement.

Sure, but with the way talks have been going, I am confident we can get one or two more players.

Its possible we want Truinfel/Clement as the second piece in that deal. The M's don't want to give up either and are probably offering Chen or somebody similar.

We can throw back somebody so the M's can include Truinfel/Clement or we can ask for Chen and another guy (my preference is Michael Saunders) to settle the difference. I think there are few ways that we can go, but we can get a little creative in getting these things done.

Would a Roberts deal change the voting here?

Not for me. We shouldn't worry about plugging specific holes at the moment, so having Roberts or having a specific return for Roberts doesn't affect my vote. Especially since I'm getting the sense that the Sherrill for Lillibridge flip was a fantasy, I don't think we're getting enough talent back.

Archived