Do you make this trade?

Sports Guy

Do you trade Bedard for Jones, Tillman and Sherrill?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trade Bedard for Jones, Tillman and Sherrill?

That's not what the thread is about.

It is this 3 for 1 deal.

I think you are really reaching in the rest of your post.

End of the day, if this is the deal we get or even if we get a 4th guy like Tui or Chen, i don't think holding out really helped....I think, if anything, it hurt us because of everything else we need to do.

Your kidding aren't you! We get a fourth player like Chen by simply waiting another month and AM has "lost his gamble." I can't agree with that. Also, your statement that holding out for another month "hurt us because of everyhting else we need to do" is very speculative on your part, or as you like to say "reaching," regardless as how you try to spin it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing deal, IMO. One to consider, but I would pass. Nice thread, though.

Surely, Seattle can offer a little more than that - throw in a Butler, Tui or Chen. This would be the least back in a deal I would approve.

I really want the core to be Jones, Triunfel and Tillman.

I really like Sherrill, but unless we are flipping him, I'd take two other prospects for him. Would you accept Chen and Butler instead of Sherrill?

Why wouldn't we let the Ms try to compete with Sherrill and grab these other prospects?

Your kidding aren't you! We get a fourth player like Chen by simply waiting another month and AM has "lost his gamble."
Let's say Chen is the 4th player...I highly doubt that the M's would have held up the trade for Chen a month ago. If you want to believe that, go right ahead but I doubt it.
Also, your statement that holding out for another month "hurt us because of everyhting else we need to do" is very speculative on your part, or as you like to say "reaching," regardless as how you try to spin it.

Well, we have heard, from all media outlets and our insiders, that we have been waiting to deal Bedard to get other things done.

Again, choose to ignore all the evidence if you want...I'm not going to do that.

I would to but again, if the 4th player isn't Clement, Triunfel or Morrow, then i don't think waiting did much.

Well, it depends on who it is for me.

If the 4th player is a guy like Tony Butler or Nick Hill, I will be just fine with the deal. In fact, I would rather have this deal than yours + one of the above :

Jones

Clement

Butler

Chen/Tuiasosopo

As much as I'd like to see it I don't think Bedard gets traded. I think the best team we matched up with is the Reds, but for whatever reason we couldn't work a deal out with them. I guess it was because we wouldn't lower our demand of Bruce being a part of the deal.

I personally think we are in a staring match with the M's and I don't see either team blinking. I hope I'm wrong I'd love to see Adam Jones in an Orioles uniform.

Let's say Chen is the 4th player...I highly doubt that the M's would have held up the trade for Chen a month ago. If you want to believe that, go right ahead but I doubt it.

Well, we have heard, from all media outlets and our insiders, that we have been waiting to deal Bedard to get other things done.

Again, choose to ignore all the evidence if you want...I'm not going to do that.

Your the one making a major point that you believe AM could have have gotten the three players at issue a month ago because they were on the table. If AM wanted a fourth player, as is apparent, don't you think he would have asked for it a month ago? And if, the "M's would [not] have held up a trade for Chen a month ago," again as you say, why wasn't the deal done a month ago? Again, choose to ignore logic if you want ... I'm not going to do that.

Your the one making a major point that you believe AM could have have gotten the three players at issue a month ago because they were on the table. If AM wanted a fourth player, as is apparent, don't you think he would have asked for it a month ago? And if, the "M's would [not] have held up a trade for Chen a month ago," again as you say, why wasn't the deal done a month ago? Again, choose to ignore logic if you want ... I'm not going to do that.

It's all pure speculation. It's a message board. That being said I dont see the M's holding up adding a player of Bedard's by not adding a guy like Chen. Especially considering they have a pretty good and young ss and 2b. I tend to think that the O's wanted a better prospect than Chen.

It's all pure speculation. It's a message board. That being said I dont see the M's holding up adding a player of Bedard's by not adding a guy like Chen. Especially considering they have a pretty good and young ss and 2b. I tend to think that the O's wanted a better prospect than Chen.

You may be right. And if they get this better prospect or Chen by waiting essentially a month more to pull the trigger on the deal, then wouldn't you agree that AM did the right thing by waiting Bavasi out?

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but it has been interesting watching everybody go from thinking the deal was going to be Jones, Clement, Tillman, Truinfel and maybe even Chen if you tossed in another piece of your own... all the way down to the point where Jones, Tillman, and Sherrill might be an acceptible deal.

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but it has been interesting watching everybody go from thinking the deal was going to be Jones, Clement, Tillman, Truinfel and maybe even Chen if you tossed in another piece of your own... all the way down to the point where Jones, Tillman, and Sherrill might be an acceptible deal.

LOL for real.

For me Jones, Tillman and Sherrill isn't enough but the former deal was unrealistic. I think my threshold lies somewhere in between.

Somewhere close to :

Jones

Clement

Butler

Chen/Tuiasosopo

I want Jones and Tillman, so I would make this deal. Jones, Tillman and Sherrill is a fair deal for Bedard, although it would be nice if we could get Chen or Tui. At this point I want Jones in CF and don't want to take the risk of not being able to obtain a prospect like Jones if Bedard were to get hurt or perform poorly for any reason.

We've lost out on Kemp so I don't want Jones to slip through our fingertips as well. A rebuilding team does not need Erik Bedard, and as much as I like to watch him pitch, I'd rather see Jones and Markakis anchor the lineup in the OF for the 5+ years...

You may be right. And if they get this better prospect or Chen by waiting essentially a month more to pull the trigger on the deal, then wouldn't you agree that AM did the right thing by waiting Bavasi out?

Obviously a team like us can use as many quality prospects as posibble. It's all hearsay though, because no one truly knows what offers have and have not been exchanged.

While I agree AM should hold out for the best deal, I think he should be careful that he isn't left at the altar.

I want Jones and Tillman, so I would make this deal. Jones, Tillman and Sherrill is a fair deal for Bedard, although it would be nice if we could get Chen or Tui. At this point I want Jones in CF and don't want to take the risk of not being able to obtain a prospect like Jones if Bedard were to get hurt or perform poorly for any reason.

We've lost out on Kemp so I don't want Jones to slip through our fingertips as well. A rebuilding team does not need Erik Bedard, and as much as I like to watch him pitch, I'd rather see Jones and Markakis anchor the lineup in the OF for the 5+ years...

Don't forget about Scott.

Scott, Jones and Markakis sounds pretty good. Especially with Reimold in the wings.

Archived