Do you make this trade?

Sports Guy

Do you trade Bedard for Jones, Tillman and Sherrill?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trade Bedard for Jones, Tillman and Sherrill?

OK, but aren't we just adding on to areas we already have decent solutions to? The O's aren't short on young pitching prospects fitting the basic description of Tillman, and Sherrill is (or appears to me to be) a 30-year-old LOOGY.

I'd think the O's should probably find a combination of players that better fills the big holes in the organization, like power hitters, center fielders (obviously Jones fits here), shortstops, etc.

That is why if possible, the big 2 guys we should get are Jones and Wlad. Then, they can top it off with 2 non-roster prospects - if they will only give us a big 2. I agree that getting Tillman should not be a priority. I'd love it if he were a 3rd guy, but not a #2 guy for Bedard.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of today, I don't do the SEA deal unless they include Jones, Wlad and two others. I know others are going to say "oh no way, that is too much" but it is never too much when you are talking established SP and unproven prospects.

That being said, if SEA won't overpay now, then we hold our breath, start the season and see who falls behind in the standings and who will overpay then. Next offseason is when we can start crying about not moving him yet.

We need positional prospects, like the NYM have said, we have a good stock of pitching prospects, lets let them develop and try to balance them with some offensive prospects.

OK, but aren't we just adding on to areas we already have decent solutions to? The O's aren't short on young pitching prospects fitting the basic description of Tillman, and Sherrill is (or appears to me to be) a 30-year-old LOOGY.

I'd think the O's should probably find a combination of players that better fills the big holes in the organization, like power hitters, center fielders (obviously Jones fits here), shortstops, etc.

I don't disagree with you but at the end of the day, if this is all we can get, I don't go to ST with Bedard as an Oriole.

Amazing you got this from what i am saying.

Let me say it slow for you...I know it takes a few times with you sometimes:

1) If he does this deal and gets everything else done, no harm done in him waiting.

2) If he ends up getting Clement or Triunfel, along with the other 3, in the deal, then waiting appeared to help.

Under those 2 scenarios, AM will have "won".

Nothing to do with being stubborn. When I saw that Scott was supposedly much better defensively, that changed my mind some. I still say we didn't get anything really high ceiling and that we could have gotten higher ceiling guys if we were willing to pay some salary.

How do you know that?

I only do this if we have a package set up to get Lillbridge.

I mentioned in the Bavasi thread that it is my opinion that Sherrill, Tillman and Jones are going to be coming here in a Bedard deal.

I speculated that a 4th player is probably what we are waiting for or we are "fighting" over who that 4th player is.

But let's say that the deal is Tillman, Sherrill and Jones and that's it...Do you make that trade?

I would add Tui, Matt Mangini, Anthony Phillips, or Mario Martinez to this deal and call it a day.

http://prospectinsider.com/ms-top-prospects/

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the boat with Jon. We need positional talent, not young pitchers.

Unless we've got something else cooking.

OK, but aren't we just adding on to areas we already have decent solutions to? The O's aren't short on young pitching prospects fitting the basic description of Tillman

Tillman might be better than any pitcher in the organization save Liz. He's rated higher by almost any national rating group. Only in an Os fans eyes (not knocking Drungo in particular here) are the balance of 3 types in our minor league system comparable to Tillman.

Our pitching strength is in the number of guys who might pan out to be a three - DHernandez, Spoone, Arrietta, Patton, Albers, etc - not in higher end guys. Our hope is that Beato, Erbe or one of the above names can regain their prospect status or improve to to project as top end of the rotation guys.

Tillman would strengthen our pitching depth in a very nice way.

Archived