Orioles have claimed INF David Adams DFA Kelvin De La Cruz

OsLuvrInKy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kind of confusing. We have Weeks, Schoop, Castilla, De Jesus, and Cord Phelps. We have Alex Gonzalez too. David Adams has a career .866 OPS against LHP's in the minors (226 PA's) but only had a .482 OPS in 62 PA's against them in the majors last year. Is he depth at Norfolk or a possible platoon partner for Flaherty?

Good point. DD is always doing something to make things interesting.

Also Young, Pearce and Reimold has not done that well vs lefties in ST. Adams is killing lefties this spring.

Gonzalez has anemia and blood in the stool. Cord has not impressed anyone. Casilla is not a thirdbaseman. And we do still have Almanzar. It's interesting. We may try to send him through waivers the way we did the last third-baseman that we took a flyer on. Who never even reported. Jimmy Paredes
I knew you had an in with the team, but now you are monitoring their bowel movements? If AGonz is indeed struggling with these conditions, it could be an ulcer, or worse. Adams would be insurance if AGonz can't play. Looks like they aren't going to go with Weeks.

I knew you had an in with the team, but now you are monitoring their bowel movements? If AGonz is indeed struggling with these conditions, it could be an ulcer, or worse. Adams would be insurance if AGonz can't play. Looks like they aren't going to go with Weeks.

The doctors checked him out, given him iron pills and said go play. I don't think that will keep AGon off the team.

I thought De La Cruz was almost a lock??? What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De La Cruz was never anything close to a lock, so I'm not sure where you got that impression. With Britton being used in one-inning stints and excelling, we don't really have use for another lefty short reliever. De Le Cruz didn't really impress anybody in camp. It didn't look like he had the velocity as advertised and he looked kind of out of shape to me.

De La Cruz was never anything close to a lock, so I'm not sure where you got that impression. With Britton being used in one-inning stints and excelling, we don't really have use for another lefty short reliever. De Le Cruz didn't really impress anybody in camp. It didn't look like he had the velocity as advertised and he looked kind of out of shape to me.

Thanks for the intel.

Thanks for the intel.

I think De La Cruz was seen as having alot of upside as a lefty with really good strikeout rates and purported great velocity and that's why DD was very high on him and willing to give him a major league deal. He did get talked up alot in the offseason when we had made very few moves, so that's probably where you got the impression of him as being a lock or a favorite for the pen.

But Brittion has impressed more than anybody else in camp and De La Cruz came in throwing 92 (in the one outing I saw him) and in his 6 innings of work he walked 4 and only struck out 3. De La Cruz also has no innings at the major league level. I'd guess we'll try to keep him in the organization after being so high on him in the offseason but it's no real loss.

The Yankees have bigger problems than we do with their infield. If Adams is any good, why would they have let him go?

At the time, committing a 40 man spot to him was not what was happening. And they still thought that Cano would re-sign for 178 million. And they still owned AROD.

Archived