Schmuck: The Orioles need to be bold and turn 2B job over to Schoop

Roll Tide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how these guys only tell you one side of the story when they have an agenda.

Hey Schmuck! Can you at least mention the 11 strikeouts in 33 AB's?

Yes. RZ did. I do not agree with Schmuck. I think Schoop will prove he can hit. In Norfolk. I like his D so far, I am really impressed with how he handles second base. He looks very smooth and quick there.

Yup nailed it

Just because Schoop starts the year with the O's until Manny is ready, does not mean he has to spend the whole year with the O's.

What if he plays well. You want to just send him down with the knowledge that it is team control based?

I love how these guys only tell you one side of the story when they have an agenda.

Hey Schmuck! Can you at least mention the 11 strikeouts in 33 AB's?

All young players Strikeout a lot. Schoop is the best player we have for the 2b job. Trust me Ryan or Weeks will K just as much.

Just because Schoop starts the year with the O's until Manny is ready, does not mean he has to spend the whole year with the O's.

If Schoop makes the team he's here all year.

And the stupidity of that cost you an entire year of team control. Had we done that with Wieters, who had a much more compelling case to start the season with the team, he'd be a free agent after this year.

I don't agree. The league adjusts and he has to adjust back. There will be times he does not hit. Also when Manny comes back Schoop probably does not play everyday which a good reason to spend him out.

Also keep in mind that Buck in on record of saying this is the year the O's need to find out about Flaherty.

And the stupidity of that cost you an entire year of team control. Had we done that with Wieters, who had a much more compelling case to start the season with the team, he'd be a free agent after this year.

You get Schoop for 7 years no matter what. If he's that good you lock him up.

I'm sure the job will be waiting for him on May 14 or so when the extra year of team control is assured.

1.5 months of 22 yo Schoop may be a marginal upgrade over Weeks or whomever. But it's not enough of an upgrade to forgo an extra year of Schoop in his prime.

For instance, if the Orioles had not delayed Wieters' call up, he'd be a free agent after THIS season instead of next. Why would that be good?

Archived