Reimold to DL

LookitsPuck

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would depend on your definition of a lot of money.

I don't think he has made enough so that he and his growing family can live comfortably here on out. BBRef has him under two million in earnings before this season.

I don't know Can but a million

You may be right, but I'm not a doctor and I don't know if it's realistic to hope for further improvement with the passage of time. My brother had shoulder surgery a few years back, the recovery time took much longer than they expected and the process was somewhat painful, but eventually he got the desired results. Hope that happens for Nolan.

Nolan may get some additional, gradual improvement so that he leads a normal life after baseball, but to recover and be able to generate the applied force and torsion that regularly is required to play at this level is another thing altogether. A repair of a failed fusion is VERY serious surgery. God bless him in his ongoing attempts at more return of function.

Depends on how he invests it. But you can't live on one or two million forever. 78% of NFL players have financial problems two years after retiring. Most million dollar lottery winners are also broke after a few years.

I could live on a million forever.

Reimold is not going to the DL, he's going to the DDDL (The Dan Duquette Disabled List).

It's those DL moves that are used for roster tinkering.

So you believe Reimold is 100% healthy and fully recovered from two neck surgeries?
Nope.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I believe that Nolan Reimold is physically unable to perform at the MLB level, due to incomplete recover from two major neck surgeries. Is that a "roster DL" list. I would not think so.

I believe that Nolan Reimold is physically unable to perform at the MLB level, due to incomplete recover from two major neck surgeries. Is that a "roster DL" list. I would not think so.

Then what would be the correct roster response?

Physically unable to preform? But, I think that is non-injury reasons, and you can't visit the trainers, of course, I might be confusing it with the NFL rules.

How many kids does Nolan have now?

How do you suppose his career opportunities outside baseball look?

You or I being able to do it has little to do with Nolan being able to do it.

Nolan Ryan

Baseball player

Lynn Nolan Ryan, Jr., nicknamed "The Ryan Express", is a former Major League Baseball pitcher and chief executive officer of the Texas Rangers. He is currently an executive adviser to the owner of the Houston Astros. Wikipedia

Born: January 31, 1947 (age 67), Refugio, TX

Career end: 1993

Spouse: Ruth Holdorff (m. 1967)

Education: Alvin High School, Alvin Community College

Books: Kings of the Hill: An Irreverent Look at the Men on the Mound,Pitching & Hitting, Nolan Ryan's Fastball

Children: Reid Ryan, Wendy Ryan, Reese Ryan

Archived