NYT: Orioles May Keep Verlander Waiting

weams

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta spread the rep, weams. The Yanks hometown paper doesn't pick them.

I'm not one of those folks that dismisses all print media as biased jackasses, excuse my French... but I trust The Times more than any paper on the planet to be fair and objective. Even if reporting on sports, not their strong point. This gives me a lot more confidence.

I don't disagree with this. Pitching and defense are obviously integrated. I think a lot of our defesnive success is team driven with the infield shifts though.

Who CARES if it IS shift-driven??? I personally think that's only a small part of it. We just have really stellar defenders. THAT's the reason.

How many GGs the last two or three years?

So I guess I am the only one who noticed this tag line underneath the picture of verlander?

"Justin Verlander has won the World Series only once in his eight full seasons, but he and the Detroit Tigers don’t have the win-now urgency that many other A.L. teams are feeling this year."

That's got to come as a surprise to justin and the tigers considering the last time Detroit won a World Series was 1984. Just saying.

So I guess I am the only one who noticed this tag line underneath the picture of verlander?

"Justin Verlander has won the World Series only once in his eight full seasons, but he and the Detroit Tigers don?t have the win-now urgency that many other A.L. teams are feeling this year."

That's got to come as a surprise to justin and the tigers considering the last time Detroit won a World Series was 1984. Just saying.

I'm not one of those folks that dismisses all print media as biased jackasses, excuse my French... but I trust The Times more than any paper on the planet to be fair and objective. Even if reporting on sports, not their strong point. This gives me a lot more confidence.

"Justin Verlander has won the World Series only once in his eight full seasons, but he and the Detroit Tigers don’t have the win-now urgency that many other A.L. teams are feeling this year."

So much for the accuracy of the Times' reporting.

Yeah, and I laugh every time I here somebody refer to our offense as a powerhouse as compared to Tampa's. Thinking isn't for everybody.

Being simultaneously pompous and gullible isn't for everyone either.

You must spend a large part of your day laughing.

Being simultaneously pompous and gullible isn't for everyone either.

You must spend a large part of your day laughing.

Pretty sure you started the derogatory stuff my friend. Like I said don't think if it hurts too much, and don't dish it if you can't take it.

Archived