The Defense Thread, 2014

Frobby

I thought the Flaherty play was worth making he just made a bad throw. It wasn't even that bad, it just hit the grass and skipped making it nearly impossible for Davis to scoop. It was half poor throw half bad luck.

Lough's throw to the plate was really bad. A decent through had the runner at the plate.

The double play was excellent, especially Jiminez getting into position and making a respectable stretch receiving the throw.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 3, April 3

I didn't see the game, but Cruz apparently made a terrible play in the field where he tried for a ball he had no chance to catch, let it get behind him, and it cost us a run. Also, there was a throw by Jones to the plate that either was off line or deflected off Chris Davis' glove, on what looked to be a close play at the plate. I don't know the exact details of either play, or what other good or bad plays took place in this game.

Once again, I didn't see the game. I guess I was fortunate. However, I saw a replay of David Lough's nice throw to nab Jackson at 2B, and I see Jones threw a guy out at home.

Anything else?

Notable on the throw from Lough was the tag by Lombardozzi. He put it right on the bag instead of making a swipe tag like you see so many guys do. Jackson slid right into it. Perfectly executed.

Very fine play by Lombardozzi in the fifth inning coming in on Romine's chopper after Stinson couldn't reach it and throwing him out sidearm across his body without time to pivot. Nice stretch and pick by Crush on the play as well.

Crush also made a good leaping cut-off of Jones' strong throw to nail Castellanos scampering back to third base (second inning).

Very fine play by Lombardozzi in the fifth inning coming in on Romine's chopper after Stinson couldn't reach it and throwing him out sidearm across his body without time to pivot. Nice stretch and pick by Crush on the play as well.

Crush also made a good leaping cut-off of Jones' strong throw to nail Castellanos scampering back to third base (second inning).

Yep, I missed this one and then saw it this morning, high degree of difficulty.

Game 1, March 31

- Didn't see it,

Game 2, April 2

I only saw the back half of this game.

Game 3, April 3

I didn't see the game

Once again, I didn't see the game.

I'm noticing a pattern, Frobby. Have you given up on the Orioles already? :P

I'm noticing a pattern, Frobby. Have you given up on the Orioles already? :P

Lots of day games, lots of daytime commitments, plus I've been working kind of late. I'm listening on the radio now while picking up my son somewhere.

Lough comes sliding in to catch a blooper without getting distracted by Flaherty and Jones also converging.

Lombardozzi backhands a potential hit up the middle and then without time to set up arcs a throw to first that has enough on it to get the speedy Austin Jackson.

Lough comes sliding in to catch a blooper without getting distracted by Flaherty and Jones also converging.

Lombardozzi backhands a potential hit up the middle and then without time to set up arcs a throw to first that has enough on it to get the speedy Austin Jackson.

Yeah, those were 2 standouts plus Nick's play in RF. The "stretch" by Davis was also notable.

Lots of day games, lots of daytime commitments, plus I've been working kind of late. I'm listening on the radio now while picking up my son somewhere.

Work, son and commitments? I think you need to get your priorities straight Frobby.

Archived