2014 Chris Tillman Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks poised for a big year. Not ready to call it yet, but do we possibly have a bonafide, legitimate #1 starter on our hands?

Count me on the side that is ready to call him our Ace.

Roch said this today:

If it looks like an ace and acts like an ace ... it's an ace.]

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. RED SOX, 4/18)

IP:. 5

H:o 7 (2 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:O 3

BB: 4

SO: 5

Pitches: 122 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls)

2014 ERA: 1.71

PITCHES BY INNINGS

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls)

21 (12 Strikes, 91 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 71 Balls)

33 (19 Strikes, 14 Balls)

31 (18 Strikes, 13 Balls)

Love to know how many of those strikes were foul balls. sox have a knack for fouling off Tillman's good pitches. It's infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Tillman did well considering the really cold temperature and a hitters umpire/small strike zone.

Tillman battled tonight, and he deserves credit for outpitching John Lackey. The strike zone was ridiculous and that lineup will wear any pitcher out.

I'm not happy that Buck left him in for 120 pitches, however. I'm sure he would have been lifted sooner had the game been in the 6th or if the O's had been trailing in the 5th, but Buck wanted Tillman to qualify for the win. I'd rather that Buck worry more about keeping his ace healthy than helping him accumulate an overrated stat.

I listened to the whole the game while driving through north central PA and at some points, the only reception I could get was 1080 AM, Boston. I heard the Red Sox announcer say at one point: "now the ace Chris Tillman toes the rubber..." and at another time: "...the Orioles great young pitcher, Tillman...". It was so awesome hearing another team's announcer talking about a Baltimore pitcher with those words.:smile11:

I listened to the whole the game while driving through north central PA and at some points, the only reception I could get was 1080 AM, Boston. I heard the Red Sox announcer say at one point: "now the ace Chris Tillman toes the rubber..." and at another time: "...the Orioles great young pitcher, Tillman...". It was so awesome hearing another team's announcer talking about a Baltimore pitcher with those words.:smile11:

Great news ...thanks for sharing. I think that Chris is finally getting the credit he deserves. He truly is our ACE.

Great news ...thanks for sharing. I think that Chris is finally getting the credit he deserves. He truly is our ACE.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. RED SOX, 4/18)

IP:. 5

H:o 7 (2 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:O 3

BB: 4

SO: 5

Pitches: 122 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls)

2014 ERA: 1.71

PITCHES BY INNINGS

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls)

21 (12 Strikes, 91 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 71 Balls)

33 (19 Strikes, 14 Balls)

31 (18 Strikes, 13 Balls)

Gutsy performance, obviously not his best. Shows how good he's been, though, he had to fight to get through just about every inning except the first.

That 2nd inning is why I really like him. Bases loaded with one out and they don't score? That is ace like to me. Talk about minimizing the damage. Huge.

Gutsy performance, obviously not his best. Shows how good he's been, though, he had to fight to get through just about every inning except the first.

That 2nd inning is why I really like him. Bases loaded with one out and they don't score? That is ace like to me. Talk about minimizing the damage. Huge.

He certainly has ice water in his veins. He just never looks rattled. I'm glad we have him.

Archived