2014 New York Yankees

OFFNY

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK turns out it ISN'T an automatic 10 in the Major, just the Minors.

Considering the basic impetuousness of this, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Bud didn't drop a special kind of hammer on this one. I mean, there's cheating, and then there's cheating in a way that basically gives the finger to the league.

Considering the basic impetuousness of this, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Bud didn't drop a special kind of hammer on this one. I mean, there's cheating, and then there's cheating in a way that basically gives the finger to the league.

I am guessing he gets the 10 games.

So, two starts. Better than nothing I suppose.

And of course it's the Red Sox that point it out, hahaha. MOAR YANKS-SAWX

John Farrell basically said in the post game that Pineda forced him to come out by being so blatantly obvious.

Said something like he could use as much rosin as he wants or if he wants to use pine tar put it somewhere discreet.

John Farrell basically said in the post game that Pineda forced him to come out by being so blatantly obvious.

Said something like he could use as much rosin as he wants or if he wants to use pine tar put it somewhere discreet.

That's a very odd statement to me. Sounds like he's saying baseball might as well abolish the spitball rule.

That's a very odd statement to me. Sounds like he's saying baseball might as well abolish the spitball rule.

Sounds to me like he was saying "if it were a tiny little bit I wouldn't care, a lot of pitchers do that, but you're practically shoving it everyone's face that you're putting a lot of pine tar on the ball, what did you expect me to do about it, let it go?"

• 3 weeks later...
o

(MAY 11th)

The Mets overcame TWO 3-run deficits last night (4-1, and 7-4) to come back to beat the Yankees in the Bronx, 9-7.

NEW YORK METS OOOO.o - 9

NEW YORK YANKEES O - 7

Queens bombers Rally to Beat Yanks

Lovely finish to this one, with a sputtering Kyle Farnsworth on the mound with one out B9, McCann blistered a shot at 1B Duda, who snared, fired to second to Wright on shift who fired back to get McCann. Tex had just gotten aboard on a long single to right that should have been 2B (but crumbling Tex had no legs (er groin) :mwahaha:).

subYANKEES2-articleLarge.jpg

What? I was watching NYY vs NYM while O's were still playing???? :scratchchinhmm: :o

From the above article, "The way things are going for the Yankees — and, for that matter, for pitchers in general, with Miami’s Jose Fernandez the latest to go down — can elbow surgery for Masahiro Tanaka be far behind?"

We can only hope.....:slytf:

I am sure CoC did not miss this snippet, "There is still time, of course, and while Jacoby Ellsbury and Tanaka have been terrific, Brian McCann has not hit much, Beltran is hurt and the value signings — Kelly Johnson, Brian Roberts, Matt Thornton — have had little impact. And with the age of the roster, other injuries are always lurking." I love the word "lurking"!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cashman: CC has degenerative changes in knee... Will have cortisone shot with stem cells tomorrow ... No timetable yet <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a></p>— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) <a href="

">May 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From the above article, "The way things are going for the Yankees — and, for that matter, for pitchers in general, with Miami’s Jose Fernandez the latest to go down — can elbow surgery for Masahiro Tanaka be far behind?"

We can only hope.....:slytf:

I am sure CoC did not miss this snippet, "There is still time, of course, and while Jacoby Ellsbury and Tanaka have been terrific, Brian McCann has not hit much, Beltran is hurt and the value signings — Kelly Johnson, Brian Roberts, Matt Thornton — have had little impact. And with the age of the roster, other injuries are always lurking." I love the word "lurking"!

Roberts has not been what Cano was.

But, I know of at least 1 walk-off hit this year for the Yankees.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cashman: CC has degenerative changes in knee... Will have cortisone shot with stem cells tomorrow ... No timetable yet <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a></p>— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) <a href="
">May 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When you see the word degenerative in relation to any body part below the hip, that's not good.

Archived