Fred Manfra's a Lousy Announcer Thread

Billy Button

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fred easily gets confused and is hard to follow, no doubt, but I have to say that hearing his and Joe Angel's voice is just......well soothing, it means baseball, it means Orioles baseball.

Fred may be a goofy announcer, but he is our goofy announcer!

Fred's a real nice guy. I met him once at ST. I'd much rather have Fred than Hunter. But Fred really sucks at play by play. He drives me crazy. I just wish they wouldn't give him so many innings. Or if they have to, give him remedial play by play lessons.

Billy B. can't stand this guy. So instead of getting all heart attacked up everytime he says something stupid, I shall record it here and then I will feel better. Thank you.

I hope we won't be seeing illeistic Billy Button posts all season. It makes you sound quite narcissistic.

Fred's a real nice guy. I met him once at ST. I'd much rather have Fred than Hunter. But Fred really sucks at play by play. He drives me crazy. I just wish they wouldn't give him so many innings. Or if they have to, give him remedial play by play lessons.

Fred has been the O's announcer for many years and he's just as bad now as he was when he started. Either he is unable to improve on his shortcomings or nobody has ever told him and he just doesn't know. If the latter is the case, then shame on management.

Fred has been the O's announcer for many years and he's just as bad now as he was when he started. Either he is unable to improve on his shortcomings or nobody has ever told him and he just doesn't know. If the latter is the case, then shame on management.

Well let me be the first to tell you about your shortcomings. So you can improve on them.

Speaking of yourself in the 3rd person is annoying. It makes you sound unintelligent.

When you have your own faults and they are worse and more then someone else. You really shouldn't publicly talk about their faults. You should worry and work on your own.

Having an opinion is your right as is expressing it. However when EVERYONE disagrees with said opinion you should just STFU!

Billy B. can't stand this guy. So instead of getting all heart attacked up everytime he says something stupid, I shall record it here and then I will feel better. Thank you.

You do realize that you come across sounding like a 5 year old talking to or about his imaginary friend?

Archived